Is there an Electrician in the house? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Is there an Electrician in the house?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2014, 03:50 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Ok thanks everyone. I'm heading to Lowes in a few and its #6 copper and a 50A breaker. By the way I used to go on a lot of Storm Damage teams after Hurricanes and such. A lot of people do the backfeed thing right or wrong. When we got to a neighborhood to start restoring power the first thing we did was ride around listening for generators and when we found one we would pull the meter on that house so they couldn't backfeed onto the grid. Then we grounded on both sides of our work and if we missed a generator it wasn't going to last long.

NRA Endowdment Life Member.....F&AM
Curio and Relics License Holder (FFL 03)

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Old 05-19-2014, 05:04 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1495 Times on 1013 Posts
Likes Given: 520

I have a wire fed MIG welder in my barn. It is handy to have and we use it a lot. I also have a portable Lincoln stick welder that runs on a 350 chevy engine. The portable welder has saved my butt many times and the generator is powerful. I can run my entire house on the welding machine if I am cautious. If I had to choose between the two I would keep the portable welder.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 05-19-2014, 11:54 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I have a wire fed MIG welder in my barn. It is handy to have and we use it a lot. I also have a portable Lincoln stick welder that runs on a 350 chevy engine. The portable welder has saved my butt many times and the generator is powerful. I can run my entire house on the welding machine if I am cautious. If I had to choose between the two I would keep the portable welder.
I also have a small MIG125 thats good for light stuff and it runs off 120V but isn't good for heavy stuff. My acetylene welding looks like chicken poop so give me a stick welder. I've got the stuff and will be running wire tomorrow.

NRA Endowdment Life Member.....F&AM
Curio and Relics License Holder (FFL 03)

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis