are there any real militias still left? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

are there any real militias still left?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2011, 03:27 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Remind me; what legislation, or executive actions, has the president proposed or enacted, in the last three years, that restricts your gun ownership rights?
SHHHH as he told Sarah Brady, "I just want you to know that we are working on it. We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar." He has to keep it under wraps, can't be open about it or it may not succeed. If you can't see the writing on the wall with his dishonesty, you are truly asleep. Look at his record when he was Senator. Do you think he has changed at all? He's just smart enough to know being openly anti-gun would sink any chance at re-election. Just ask Clinton about what helped greatly in Gore not being elected. Gun owners are a powerful voting block and he well knows it.

Jeff Cooper

Old 12-31-2011, 03:44 AM   #22
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2474 Times on 1326 Posts
Likes Given: 879

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Remind me; what legislation, or executive actions, has the president proposed or enacted, in the last three years, that restricts your gun ownership rights?
Of course there's that little Fast & Furious thing.

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 12-31-2011, 02:53 PM   #23
fmj

Liked 754 Times on 438 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Secondhand_Hero Jon, most militias are viewed as terrorist organizations. They have been driven underground out of both privacy and self presevation. If you find any vocal 'militia' groups they are probably being closely watched. Best bet is to join a local gun club.
Hence the comment "Driven underground."

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 12-31-2011, 05:43 PM   #24

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Ive been looking at the indiana militia site and they are a constitutional militia, says they dont accept nutjobs in thier ranks. Convicted felons, anyone associated with any racists groups, or any other fanatical groups or anyone mentally unstable are urged not to attempt to apply. An indiana handgun permit is required for application and pryor military or law enforcement service is recommended but not required.
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 12-31-2011, 05:52 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1992d
With all do respect to dan and ssg. You are insulting something that without our country would still be run by the british and you would be royal marines. I am joining the military i have been working with the army for about 4 years now. I plan on being a part of a militia and the military serving my country and my state in the oldest tradition this country has. And in no way am i trying to insult you or be rude. Thank you for your service btw.
Your right, indiana had and used thier militia during the civil war. My hometown of corydon was the site of a battle in july 1863, the 2nd to the 4th. Morgans raiders were coming into northern territory burning everything they came across and killing anyone who opposed them and thier southern ways. They came across the ohio river within a mile of my home and headed north towards town. Just south of town the town militia attempted to stop them and the 3 day battle ensued.
Savage Model 64, .22LR
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 12-31-2011, 05:57 PM   #26

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks

Your right, indiana had and used thier militia during the civil war. My hometown of corydon was the site of a battle in july 1863, the 2nd to the 4th. Morgans raiders were coming into northern territory burning everything they came across and killing anyone who opposed them and thier southern ways. They came across the ohio river within a mile of my home and headed north towards town. Just south of town the town militia attempted to stop them and the 3 day battle ensued.
What you mean, " southern ways".

Old 12-31-2011, 06:00 PM   #27

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
Why limit yourself to a bunch of rag-tags?

Get you A$$ in the military and learn the real stuff.
2nd Danf

If there is a real militia it's NOT the fat ass sofa commandos you see on you tube marching through the woods with their SKS's.

It's America's trained and self equipped veterans who if pushed, will push back.

I find the notion of being prepared for a spontaneous national rebellion to be a little silly. Less than 13% of the colonial population took up arms against the British and today's population is less courageous by half.

If your concerned about defending liberty against your government then go and serve and get the training to be your own leader.

Tack

Old 12-31-2011, 06:25 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth

What you mean, " southern ways".
No offense to anyone southern, meant they supported slavery and the north didnt.
Savage Model 64, .22LR
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 12-31-2011, 06:53 PM   #29

Liked 1314 Times on 742 Posts
Likes Given: 573

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
No offense to anyone southern, meant they supported slavery and the north didnt.
The governing bodies of the North (opposed) and the South (supported) had official positions. However there were individuals on both sides of the Mason-Dixon line that were in direct contrast to their governing bodies position. Not all Southerners supported slavery and not all Northerners opposed it.

Old 12-31-2011, 06:54 PM   #30

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Understood, but your explanation is alittle too cut and dry. The average white person didn't own much of anything in the south. Slave owners comprised at best 26% of the population. A part of that is made up of free blacks that owned slaves. Albeit for benevolent reasons. The average white person during those days had a meager existence.

So if you think that "southern ways" meant living in a great big antebellum house with a thousand acre plantation and the slaves to run it was typical, your wrong.

Am I a little touchy about the subject, you betcha. To this day reconstruction effects our lives in the south. As for "raiders" what would you call General Sherman?

How bout this for a "southern way".
More of our military is made up from southerners, than any other region, per capita.