Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   are there any real militias still left? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/there-any-real-militias-still-left-54369/)

jon1992d 12-30-2011 02:35 AM

are there any real militias still left?

Ive been trying to find a real militia in Pa since i turned 18 (1.5 yrs). The only things i have found are forgotten websites with no more than 5 forum fighters that only wanna fight the government and start a revolution by talking about good war movies.. I know of some really good serious militias out west but I dont plan on moving anywere. I figued someone on here might know something about a legit militia in Pa preferably near pittsburghs half. Any info would be great!

trip286 12-30-2011 02:47 AM

Unfortunately, so many "militias" are exactly what the media makes them out to be, right wing extremist nut jobs.

I've checked into some in my area, and one I've found seems pretty straight, and a bit reclusive for security reasons.

Good luck finding the right bunch.

texaswoodworker 12-30-2011 02:51 AM

For the most part, they are a little crazy. :D There were a few in Southern Texas that went a little overboard and kidnapped some people. The Texas Rangers saw an end to that. :D

trip286 12-30-2011 02:56 AM

Just be very careful about who you join up with.

If you can even find anyone.

c3shooter 12-30-2011 03:20 AM

Some states have a State Guard (NOT the National Guard) but PA does not. Just a suggestion- a number of the PA Sheriffs have a "Sheriff's Posse". Not sworn LEO, but aid the dept in emergencies- searches, weather, etc.

jeepejeep 12-30-2011 03:23 AM

I'm afraid we'll learn just who the militia is if Obummer gets re-elected and continues his anti-gun, anti America ways!!!

jon1992d 12-30-2011 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter
Some states have a State Guard (NOT the National Guard) but PA does not. Just a suggestion- a number of the PA Sheriffs have a "Sheriff's Posse". Not sworn LEO, but aid the dept emergencies- searches, weather, etc.

I never knew that! Thanks for the info. Im going to look into the sheriff posse. Hopefully I can find one in my area and since they are organized by thr sheriff im gonna asume they arent extremests that just wanna go out and shoot stuff up.

ScottA 12-30-2011 04:22 AM

The only thing I've heard about is a group I think was on the AZ border that worked in conjunction with the local authorities to report drug trafficking and border action. It was more like an armed neighborhood watch.

Or move to Maricopa County and join up with Sheriff Joe.

danf_fl 12-30-2011 04:38 PM

Why limit yourself to a bunch of rag-tags?

Get you A$$ in the military and learn the real stuff.

SSGSF 12-30-2011 05:17 PM

Like Danffl said.

Instead of pretending to be in the military go and join the real military!