Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > then and now.... what has changed....?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 08:31 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Thanks Lady M, but I am to young and just plain don't have the stomach for politics. I have just about quit frequenting the politics section of this forum. What is there to be said? You all can pretty well guess how I feel about alot of this stuff, and what needs to be said about it usually is already said by others on this forum who are as eloquent and down to earth as any one.
Thanks for your service by the way.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud in "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis"

"My dear boy, I love hearing my relations abused. It is the only thing that makes me put up with them at all. Relations are simply a tedious pack of people, who haven’t got the remotest knowledge of how to live, nor the smallest instinct about when to die."

Old 03-31-2009, 01:11 PM   #12

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

Unfortunately we started the slide down the slippery slope when my generation (GEN Xers) started having babies. We now have Gen Me. all they care about is themselves and nothing else. I have seen 16 and 17 years old kids having temper tantrums because mommie will not buy them the newest video game for there way over priced xbox 360 or ps3 or all three.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:07 PM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Every prior generation is guilty for wanting better for their kids.

The things that made each prior generation great were the struggles they dealt with and overcame.

But they also wanted their children to see none of that.

And they didn't

They struggled so the kids would have comfort. The kid, who never knew true sacrifice, has no choice but to take it for granted, but wants even better for his kid, and so on, till we get to where we are today, with freedom as just a word, an abstract concept, to those who have no stake in maintaining it.

Those who knew tyranny, and fought it, were bada$$es. Freedom isn't a flag, nor is it earned. It is taken, either from you, or by you.

I'm gonna go watch 300 now.