Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > theft

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 12:45 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default theft

My cousin tried to sell a guns for me to his friend niether the $ has come back to me. Ive been told not to go to the cops because i may have broke the law. My cousin said the guy is a collector in lebanon ohio and is legal to own guns. Feeling dumb but i dont how to deal with this. Nra requires police report in order for the theft insurance to pay

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-27-2012, 12:51 AM   #2

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts

Was it a long gun or a handgun? And are you and your brother in the same state as the guy that now has it?

Old 04-27-2012, 02:10 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5323 Times on 2779 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by proffitt View Post
My cousin tried to sell a guns for me to his friend niether the $ has come back to me. Ive been told not to go to the cops because i may have broke the law. My cousin said the guy is a collector in lebanon ohio and is legal to own guns. Feeling dumb but i dont how to deal with this. Nra requires police report in order for the theft insurance to pay
this is one of those things that best be answered by an actual attourney face to face...

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-27-2012, 02:26 AM   #4
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20030 Times on 11390 Posts
Likes Given: 50532

as JonM suggested, you might want to consult an attorney to see what your options are. if the sale didn't follow legal guidelines, you might be out your money and firearms. and to make an insurance claim, you will probably need a police report to support the fact they are stolen.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:45 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8440 Times on 3662 Posts
Likes Given: 1301

Ohio does not require registration of ordinary firearms, and private sales are permitted to fellow residents of the state that are adults, and not prohibited from owning a gun.

Since YOU have not had dealing with the "collector", but with your cousin, your issue is with cousin.

If it were my cousin, would probably suggest that I was going to have money, my gun back, or his ass. His choice on how to work it out. If I gave it to HIM, he would be the person I named in a police report.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 04-27-2012, 03:06 AM   #6
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Second that motion

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:01 AM   #7

Jus an update the prosecutor is suppose to call in 4 to 6 weeks to pursie charges against my cousin on 3 felonies.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:09 AM   #8

Liked 2371 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by proffitt
Jus an update the prosecutor is suppose to call in 4 to 6 weeks to pursie charges against my cousin on 3 felonies.
Good deal man.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #9

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Glad you"re getting this taken care of. And yes, they are correct, in this situation, the buyer cannot be held accountable by you, but the cousin can. As far as you know, the buyer never actually existed.

Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to continue despite that fear.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:26 PM   #10

Thks guys for the support