A Thanksgiving Story

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > A Thanksgiving Story

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 05:04 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default A Thanksgiving Story

A young man named John received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary. Every word out of the bird's mouth was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity. John tried and tried to change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words, playing soft music and anything else he could think of to 'cleanup' the bird's vocabulary.

Finally, John was fed up and he yelled at the parrot. The parrot yelled back. John shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier and even ruder.John, in desperation, threw up his hand, grabbed the bird and put him in the freezer. For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and screamed. Then suddenly there was total quiet. Not a peep was heard for over a minute.

Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot, John quickly opened the door to the freezer. The parrot calmly stepped out onto John's outstretched arms and said "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. I'm sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I fully intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior."

John was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude. As he was about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior,when the bird continued, "Might I ask what the turkey did?"

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-25-2009, 02:59 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

...and there it is.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-25-2009, 03:06 PM   #3

Liked 25 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Hahahaha.....I've heard that one a long time ago, but still funny and very appropriate for the day before turkey-day

Old 11-25-2009, 03:29 PM   #4

Haha, love the family-friendly humor. Harder to make a clean joke than a dirty one.

Old 11-25-2009, 04:42 PM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default The Crunchbird - Circa 1971

A man named Charlie was walking down the street one sunny Saturday when he came across a pet shop that had just opened its doors. Charlie's faithful dog of fifteen years had just passed away and he missed him very much, so he decided to take a look inside the shop and, perhaps, watch the little puppies play with each other. He took one step inside the door and stopped short, absolutely captivated by what he saw.

Behind the counter, in a giant gilded cage, was the most magnificent bird that Charlie had ever seen. Its feathers were splashed with every color in the rainbow and then some. It bobbed its stately head up and down and whistled a song so sweet it almost made Charlie cry. He simply had to know more about the bird.

He walked up to the woman behind the counter. "Excuse me, Miss," he said, politely. "What is the name of that glorious bird behind you?"
"Oh, that?" asked the clerk, with a warm smile. "That's the Crunch Bird."
"The Crunch Bird?" Charlie repeated, scratching his head. "Why is it called the Crunch Bird?"

He saw a twinkle in the clerk's eyes. "Watch this," she said. She turned and opened the cage door, and the bird made no attempt to escape. Next, she went into the back room and came back out with a wooden chair. She placed this in the center of the room. "Now, stand back," she said to Charlie, and they both retreated to the far corner of the shop. "Crunch Bird," she said. "Chair."

The Crunch Bird immediately left it's cage, circled around the room once and descended upon the chair with a hideous fury, ripping it to shreds. When nothing was left but wood chips and sawdust, the bird calmly returned to its cage.

"That was amazing!" Charlie exclaimed. "I simply must have that bird!"
"I'm sorry, sir," said the clerk, "but it's not for sale."

Charlie would not take no for an answer. He begged and pleaded, told her money was no object and even told her about his recently deceased dog. Finally, the clerk relented and let Charlie have the Crunch Bird, cage and all.

When Charlie got his new pet home, he immediately called up his best friend, Bill, and invited him over. Moment's later, Bill and Charlie stood in the garage. Charlie had pushed a beautiful and very expensive mahogany desk out into the middle of the area. He turned to Bill. "Now, watch this."
He walked over to the Crunch Bird's cage, opened the door and said, "Crunch Bird, desk." Just as before, the bird left its cage, flew around the room once and descended on the desk. When nothing was left but wood chips and sawdust, the bird calmly returned to its cage.

Just then, Charlie's wife pulled into the driveway. She got out of the car, opened the garage door and was furious at what she saw. "Charlie! Are you responsible for this mess?!"

"It wasn't me! It was the Crunch Bird!"

She stomped her foot and shouted, "Crunch bird,!" Clearly not amused by the response. "My Ass!"