Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Thanksgiving Dinner (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/thanksgiving-dinner-76843/)

Sonic82 11-21-2012 08:43 PM

Thanksgiving Dinner

1 Attachment(s)
Half way through this one. I'm cooking a twelve pounder today and another tomorrow, the Weber Kettle won't hold a big bird. Smoked with Apple Wood. It'll take about 3-4 hours. Great and easy way to cook a turkey.....what are you all doing for dinner? Thanksgiving's my favorite holiday!

PC167 11-21-2012 09:25 PM

First off, great looking turkey. :-D The wife, kids and I are going next door to in laws for big fest. :-D

Happy thanksgiving!

downsouth 11-21-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic82
Half way through this one. I'm cooking a twelve pounder today and another tomorrow, the Weber Kettle won't hold a big bird. Smoked with Apple Wood. It'll take about 3-4 hours. Great and easy way to cook a turkey.....what are you all doing for dinner? Thanksgiving's my favorite holiday!

I have smoked many turkeys in webers over the years. Weber is the best grill /smoker for the money imo.

Btw, is that a sierra nevada on the rail?

Sniper03 11-21-2012 09:52 PM

Sonic,

Man my mouth is watering! Nice Turkey! What time are we to be at the table? LOL!
First of all, my wife and I are going smallmouth fishing in the morning. Then return to the house about noon! Since we are not traveling this year and only the two of us at home. Tonight I am injecting a 3 lb. Pork Loin Roast with Beer and Butter sauce I make and then putting the initial Cajun Rub on the outside. Tomorrow I will baste the outside about every 15 minutes while it is on the Outside Grill until the center gets up to 165 degrees. We are having some Dressing, Cranberry Sauce, Sweet Potatoes with butter and brown sugar accompanied by some after dinner wine. Generally " Pig Out" and probably take a Thanksgiving nap! And God Bless those who are less fortunate than most of us are. You do not have to be rich monetarily to be blessed! Just tankful for what you have and the loved ones around you. HAPPY THANKS GIVING TO ALL! :D

downsouth 11-21-2012 09:56 PM

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving to all !!

With all the problems with America, please remember that just being born here we all hit the lottery of life.

BRAD313 11-21-2012 10:57 PM

Happy turkey day all

Blueguns 11-21-2012 11:01 PM

Happy thanksgiving from the hometown of that beer on the rail.

downsouth 11-21-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueguns
Happy thanksgiving from the hometown of that beer on the rail.

Back at you Chico !!
I lived in Portland for 15 years and fell in live with mirco brews. When I have a sierra nevada it takes me right back to those days. Absolutely my favorite bottle of beer.

JTJ 11-21-2012 11:22 PM

We have a couple visiting us from Austria so it is just 4 of us. We are doing a ham with yams and fresh green beans. My wife is busy baking something right now.

winds-of-change 11-21-2012 11:28 PM

There will be 9 of us gathering at my oldest son's new home. I am picking up my Dad and bringing him with me to join us all. My son is making the turkey and a couple dishes. I'm making 3 side dishes and so is my daughter.

This is the first year my Dad won't be making his 'world famous' stuffing and vinegar and oil cole slaw. I will be making it. I hope mine turns out half as good as his always did. First I have to cube and dry a loaf of bread..........

This will be a great Thanksgiving. It's the first time ever we aren't all meeting at my Dad's for the holidays. But really, it was time for a change.