Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Thanks to a local LEO (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/thanks-local-leo-71624/)

clearsights 09-02-2012 02:40 AM

Thanks to a local LEO
 
I was on my way to work today and was pulled over for going over the speed limit. When the officer approached I told her I had a CCW permit, my firearm was in the glove box and how did she want me to proceed. She was very professional during the whole situation and handled a civilian that was lawfully carrying perfectly.
+1!

Dillinger 09-02-2012 02:45 AM

1) Did she give you the ticket?

2) Did you get her number? :D

A woman in uniform. Can't say I have had that pleasure yet. Well, one that she was issued for her job and didn't come in the mail in brown wrapping paper. :o

clearsights 09-02-2012 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger
1) Did she give you the ticket?

They give you a warning the first time you are pulled over. So now I am in their system. I drive by there every day I work and have never had the issue before.
As for her...two things; I have an awesome wife and if that wasn't the case, she wasn't much of a looker anyway.
:-)

Dillinger 09-02-2012 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clearsights (Post 924830)
They give you a warning the first time you are pulled over. So now I am in their system. I drive by there every day I work and have never had the issue before.
As for her...two things; I have an awesome wife and if that wasn't the case, she wasn't much of a looker anyway.
:-)

IN that case I raise a glass to your fortunate warning and offer you both no offense and the utmost respect in the love of your wonderful wife. ;)

JD

TWMIM 09-02-2012 02:54 PM

If it's not a thread somewhere, it should be.

I got rear ended by a semi on the interstate. When the State Trooper showed up, EMTs were looking me over. I beckoned the officer, told him I was carrying, and stated I'd proceed with his instructions.

He asked me why I was telling him this. I replied that it was a courtesy, that if we wished to secure the weapon for safety until we were through, that he had my consent. I kinda thought that was the rule.

He basically told me to keep it in my pants.

I need to further research the rules, but apparently, in my state, I'm not required to notify.:confused:

Mosin 09-02-2012 03:29 PM

Weird... In two states I've lived in, you must notify the police if you're carrying.... Wouldn't be the first time I've run into a clueless cop though!!!

Had a cop pull me over once and ask me how fast I was going. I asked him 'how fast was I going, sir?'. He responded. 'I don't know, I don't have a radar detector, that's why I was asking.'
He gave me a ticket... But never showed up to court...

winds-of-change 09-02-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clearsights (Post 924788)
I was on my way to work today and was pulled over for going over the speed limit. When the officer approached I told her I had a CCW permit, my firearm was in the glove box and how did she want me to proceed. She was very professional during the whole situation and handled a civilian that was lawfully carrying perfectly.
+1!

What state was did this occur. Let's give credit where credit is due.

It's good to hear stories like this.

JSStryker 09-02-2012 04:28 PM

Got hit from behind when I was working in Florida, as they were loading me on a backboard, I informed the State trooper that I had a CCW permit and that my pistol was in my belly bag on the seat, he secured it and made sure it got to my boss. My boss chewed my backside till I reminded him that when I was running parts and that I was sometimes in receipt of large amounts of cash and checks.

clearsights 09-02-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change

What state was did this occur. Let's give credit where credit is due.

It's good to hear stories like this.

state of disillusion for me and I was in Ohio...
;-)

25-5 09-02-2012 05:32 PM

Most reciprocal states do not require you to spill the beans unless asked by LEO, but some want to know before you say howdy. Check for each state you travel.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:32 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.