Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   A Thank You From UK (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/thank-you-uk-32811/)

Davyboy 10-08-2010 11:22 PM

A Thank You From UK

Talking today to my wifes brother who has just returned from Sangin in Afgan.
We have pulled out and America has taken over the province. He informed me we did not have the troops available to police such a large and dangerous area.
Having lost over 100 brave and valuable soldiers. Yet again two world wars later we are bailed out by you guys. I would imagine you are rarely thanked for all you have done for us in the past. I do not believe we would be a free country without the help of USA in the last 100 years. It is appreciated and I thank you all for this.

A would be true American

canebrake 10-09-2010 12:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)

dunerunner 10-09-2010 12:20 AM

Not a problem!! Really wish everyone in the World felt the same about their freedom as you do!

So, when are you immigrating?? :D

CA357 10-09-2010 12:22 AM

Thank you Davy. C'mon over when you can.

Dillinger 10-09-2010 01:19 AM

Great Post Davy!

Thank you for taking the time to post it for all the Veterans out there.

JD

M14sRock 10-09-2010 02:05 AM

Thanks for speaking up, Davy.

So when are you moving here?

spittinfire 10-09-2010 02:48 AM

Davy, your thank you is warmly recieved.

Gordo323 10-09-2010 02:55 AM

Great Britain has been a loyal ally to the U.S. for a long time, after the initial divorce.
My mum was born in Liverpool and I was conceived there.
You’re welcome, but a thank you is not required.
We are just brothers and sisters taking care of each other!

Thank you!

Davyboy 10-09-2010 10:09 PM

The majority of what in this country is called Yank Bashing is in fact envy for a life and freedom we only espire to. This seems to translate world wide. A society that is expected to be the world wide police force in my humble opinion is unfairly judged. How do you manage to come back every time with a fair and measured attitued after so many unjust kicks in the teeth. American and British troops are dying and being maimed for people who do not deserve it. What sort of world would we have if Hitler or Stalin had control. It is a no brainer. We have to understand our enemy they do not want to talk to us , they wish to kill us. If you try to make friends with a scorpion it will eventually sting you. In a way we are too trusting. In Lebanon in the 70s. Thats another story SORRY FOR THE RANT

Dillinger 10-09-2010 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davyboy (Post 365704)
American and British troops are dying and being maimed for people who do not deserve it. What sort of world would we have if Hitler or Stalin had control. It is a no brainer.

Davy, there is no need to be sorry for ever speaking the truth around here.

I could not agree with you more. We have very good men and women in all sorts of Shi*ite holes around the world that they do not need to be. They are there because they are an all volunteer force and were told it's for the greater good as defined by men of power.

While it would be easy to sit back and only protect what is ours, it is not practical. If you have every played RISK, the children's boardgame, you know what happens if you let "the rest of the world" be left to their own devices.

It is certainly good to know we have The Queen's Best available to go in shoulder to shoulder with. ;)

JD