Thank you LEOs - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Thank you LEOs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2010, 01:02 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2144 Times on 1176 Posts
Likes Given: 1390

Default Progressive insurance rocks!

OK. Wow. I wrecked my pick up on Friday. I have a check in my hand today! They totalled it out and cut me a check for just over $8,000. I am a customer for life.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 04-06-2010, 04:27 AM   #12

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

That cheque must have lessened the pain a lil, Rick Glad to hear you're OK...can't imagine what driving on icy roads would be like.

What a truly professional LEO dealt with you too; and good on you for letting his superiors know that. Well done!

Still a bit mind-boggling how you were able to be involved in a crash and they not automatically take your weapons, as would happen here (at least until it was proved nothing was your fault; the breath-testing came back negative etc etc).

Just how the other half of the world lives, i guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 04-06-2010, 04:38 AM   #13

I was pulled over for speeding today (he let me go ... thanks LEO's!) and all I could think of was the thread here about notifying/not notifying LEO's about a weapon in the vehicle. In my case, I decided to wait until he asked, but he didn't, so I didn't tell. I knew enough to have my hands planted firmly on the steering wheel and in plain view if he would have, though.

Old 04-06-2010, 12:47 PM   #14

Liked 2144 Times on 1176 Posts
Likes Given: 1390

Cops around here are really cool. I have shown my permit 3 times now. Each time it ends up in a conversation about who shoots what. 45 vs. 40 stuff like that. Those phone books really got his attention.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:36 PM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3362 Times on 1740 Posts
Likes Given: 354

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuk View Post
That cheque must have lessened the pain a lil, Rick Glad to hear you're OK...can't imagine what driving on icy roads would be like.

What a truly professional LEO dealt with you too; and good on you for letting his superiors know that. Well done!

Still a bit mind-boggling how you were able to be involved in a crash and they not automatically take your weapons, as would happen here (at least until it was proved nothing was your fault; the breath-testing came back negative etc etc).

Just how the other half of the world lives, i guess.
In America, we have a concept of "Innocent until proven Guilty". Most officers believe this (the bad apples are out there). Concealed carry permit holders have undergone at least some training and a pretty extensive background check. I presume a CHL holder to be a cut above the "sheep" that wander the streets aimlessly and the wolves the prowl about looking for sheep.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:39 PM   #16

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
Cops around here are really cool. I have shown my permit 3 times now. Each time it ends up in a conversation about who shoots what. 45 vs. 40 stuff like that. Those phone books really got his attention.

Now that IS cool! But then I guess most US LEOs would be gun owners privately which is absolutely not the case here.

I wish our cops weren't so suspicious about gun owners/licence holders. Every time you have any type of contact with the police for whatever reason here a massive red flag [WARNING!!FIREARMS!!WARNING!!] jumps up on their screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D