Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Thank you LEOs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2010, 04:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1675 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1127

Default Thank you LEOs

I was involved in a 1 car accident this morning. I hit a patch of ice on a bridge. I went into a spin. Nothing I could do but ride it out and see what happens. I slammed into a concrete barrier. I was unharmed. I was only doing about 30 mph. My airbags didn't even go off.
I called the Colorado State Patrol. When the trooper arrived I handed him my Concealed Weapon Permit first. I said, "I don't want to scare you." He smiled and said, I don't scare too easy. Thanks for getting a permit though."

He helped me get a tow truck and filled out the report. He did not ticket me. He said he had seen four other accidents that morning. He spotted a bunch of wet phone books in the back of my pickup. When he asked what they were for I told them that I use them for bullistic testing. We had a long discussion about different calibers and barrel lengths. He wants to start reloading.

I called his supervisor and left a message thanking the deparment for their assistance and the fact that they had sent a highly professional officer to assist me.

We civilians often forget how many times officers help people and all they get out of it is some pissed off lady calling their boss because she thinks she wasn't at fault.

You guys and gals Rock! Thanks for all that you do.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-02-2010, 05:10 PM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Rick, glad you are OK.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 04-02-2010, 05:27 PM   #3

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Hey Rick, how bad is your car?

Old 04-02-2010, 05:49 PM   #4

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I'm sorry to hear about your car, but I'm glad you had the opportunity to meet an officer that is a good example.

Thanks for posting that. It is nice to hear some good stories for once.

Darin

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 04-02-2010, 06:15 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2598 Times on 1366 Posts
Likes Given: 200

The phone call is nice, but nothing beats a short letter to his boss's boss. Attaboy letters really help, even short one paragraph ones.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 04-02-2010, 06:37 PM   #6

Thanks I will send a letter. The cop was top notch. Definatly the kind of guy we need watching our backs.

My pick up is pretty messed up. I was only doing about 30. I ended up being against the barrier facing the wrong way. When I got the truck off the pavement I got out expecting to have a bunch of paint damage and some scrapes. I was actually thinking I might drive it home and fix it myself. When I walked around to the front the whole front was blown apart. It hit the corner of the passenger side front bumper. But it shoved everything sideways. Then the the truck kept spining and hit the back bumper. Bent up the back bumper and the side of the bed.

I am really bummed because I bought the truck just over a year ago with 17,000 miles on it. I am up to 31,000 now. It's a 2003. But until this morning it looked brand new.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 04-02-2010, 06:48 PM   #7

That sucks, Rick, I am glad you are OK!

Things to think about before you Open Carry
Read this before you decide to carry!

Old 04-02-2010, 07:30 PM   #8

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Yep, glad you're okay too. Don't be surprised if you feel a bit sore tomorrow. Sometimes it hits you later. Also glad you ran into a "professional". Like robo said a letter to his agency gets put into his file and it's a nice pat on the back.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:01 PM   #9

Now I get to drive my 82 Blazer around. I am glad I didn't mess it up instead. There is an S-10 on every corner. But a nice blazer with a removable top is getting a lot harder to find. At least I can still get to the range in the mud. That Blazer will go anywhere.

Old 04-02-2010, 11:12 PM   #10

Thanks for the kind words on the LEO. I'm sure he will get a good pat on the back and a smile on his face. Even when you have 100's of contacts that end with a person being pissed off, the one that say thanks fell good. As for the 2003 truck, that is the bad thing about all the safety in newer trucks and cars. Just a small hit makes big dents. They are made to crumple like that to absorb the impact of the collision. Glad you are OK with out a ticket.