Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Texas Motor Speedway - NRA 500

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 12:53 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 741 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Default Texas Motor Speedway - NRA 500

Its been tradition for the winner of the race to put on a cowboy hat, and fire blanks out of a couple revolvers in victory lane. Now that the NRA is sponsoring next weeks race, the libtards are threatening to protest at the race, and boycott sponsors. NASCAR, and the speedway don't sound like they are backing down. But Eddie Gossage (President of Texas Motor Speedway) said the winning driver may refuse to participate in the tradition if his sponsors have a problem with it. Who thinks the winning driver will cave.......?

147927-650-366.jpg  

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-08-2013, 12:59 AM   #2

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

I believe MotoGP will be holding their next race there, it will be their first time racing there.. Wonder if they will do that...?

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 04-08-2013, 04:01 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6562 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Depends on the driver. Really, if one of the really good ones with a lot of fans wants to do it, they will. Getting a different sponsor for them would not be very difficult.

Oh, and protesting guns and a NASCAR race, AT a NASCAR race in Texas is not a very wise idea.

Old 04-08-2013, 04:04 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Depends on the driver. Really, if one of the really good ones with a lot of fans wants to do it, they will. Getting a different sponsor for them would not be very difficult.

Oh, and protesting guns and a NASCAR race, AT a NASCAR race in Texas is not a very wise idea.
LOL....Yea,they better think that one all the way thru.

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 04-08-2013, 06:10 AM   #5

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Liberals are protesting the firing of 6 blanks. They must be the really dumb Liberals. Someone tell them how racing uses millions of gallons of fossil fuel and emits hydra carbons etc.
Gees they sell cheese burgers and hot dogs at these capitalist gatherings as well. Many of these people may have fat kids. The poor liberals are faced with banning so many freedoms enjoyed by Americans it is driving them insane.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:56 PM   #6

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

The race track is about ten miles from my house! When they are running, it is a really neat and pleasurable thing to sit on the porch and listen to the sounds of the track and not be there in the middle of the crowds. I have watched the track grow from its very humble beginnings when Bruton and group were acquiring the land and actually started the construction. It has grown drastically and continues to do so. The traffic is terrible starting on Wed before the race weekend and stays that way until Mon after when everyone has a chance to get out. If I were going to protest anything anywhere, I would be completely ignorant to go to the track during a race weekend and protest, NASCAR, guns or anything else that has to do with Texas! These folks may never protest anything else in their lives if they do that. Don't think the mass of fans there would even begin to put up with that kind of behavior around the track and grounds. JMHO!! I will be watching from the sidelines and smiling the whole time!!

Old 04-13-2013, 01:09 AM   #7

Chris Murphy, Dem Senator from Conn sent a letter to Rupert Murdoch, asking him not air the race on his FOX network out of respect for Sandy hook. He said he intends to honor his contractual obligations to NASCAR.

Old 04-13-2013, 01:16 AM   #8

I may get blasted for saying this....but i have had enough about Newtown, and Sandyhook. It was a terrible tragedy, but now its just the old (run the the grieving family members out to fight with the pro-gun people) routine.. They have to know that they are pawns, being used to advance the lefties agenda.

People Like This 
Old 04-13-2013, 03:03 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1523

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl View Post
Chris Murphy, Dem Senator from Conn sent a letter to Rupert Murdoch, asking him not air the race on his FOX network out of respect for Sandy hook. He said he intends to honor his contractual obligations to NASCAR.
F%@k Chris Murphy, Smuckie Schumer and the rest of the gun grabbers.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Last edited by DFlynt; 04-13-2013 at 03:12 AM.
People Like This 
Old 04-13-2013, 03:33 AM   #10

Liked 58 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl View Post
I may get blasted for saying this....but i have had enough about Newtown, and Sandyhook. It was a terrible tragedy, but now its just the old (run the the grieving family members out to fight with the pro-gun people) routine.. They have to know that they are pawns, being used to advance the lefties agenda.
I couldn't agree more.....