Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Texas Motor Speedway - NRA 500 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/texas-motor-speedway-nra-500-a-88398/)

readygirl 04-08-2013 12:53 AM

Texas Motor Speedway - NRA 500

1 Attachment(s)
Its been tradition for the winner of the race to put on a cowboy hat, and fire blanks out of a couple revolvers in victory lane. Now that the NRA is sponsoring next weeks race, the libtards are threatening to protest at the race, and boycott sponsors. NASCAR, and the speedway don't sound like they are backing down. But Eddie Gossage (President of Texas Motor Speedway) said the winning driver may refuse to participate in the tradition if his sponsors have a problem with it. Who thinks the winning driver will cave.......?

deadsp0t 04-08-2013 12:59 AM

I believe MotoGP will be holding their next race there, it will be their first time racing there.. Wonder if they will do that...?

texaswoodworker 04-08-2013 04:01 AM

Depends on the driver. Really, if one of the really good ones with a lot of fans wants to do it, they will. Getting a different sponsor for them would not be very difficult.

Oh, and protesting guns and a NASCAR race, AT a NASCAR race in Texas is not a very wise idea. :D

readygirl 04-08-2013 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaswoodworker (Post 1207037)
Depends on the driver. Really, if one of the really good ones with a lot of fans wants to do it, they will. Getting a different sponsor for them would not be very difficult.

Oh, and protesting guns and a NASCAR race, AT a NASCAR race in Texas is not a very wise idea. :D

LOL....Yea,they better think that one all the way thru.

nitestalker 04-08-2013 06:10 AM

Liberals are protesting the firing of 6 blanks. They must be the really dumb Liberals. Someone tell them how racing uses millions of gallons of fossil fuel and emits hydra carbons etc. :rolleyes:
Gees they sell cheese burgers and hot dogs at these capitalist gatherings as well. Many of these people may have fat kids. The poor liberals are faced with banning so many freedoms enjoyed by Americans it is driving them insane.:p

big_bad_kitty 04-08-2013 02:56 PM

The race track is about ten miles from my house! When they are running, it is a really neat and pleasurable thing to sit on the porch and listen to the sounds of the track and not be there in the middle of the crowds. I have watched the track grow from its very humble beginnings when Bruton and group were acquiring the land and actually started the construction. It has grown drastically and continues to do so. The traffic is terrible starting on Wed before the race weekend and stays that way until Mon after when everyone has a chance to get out. If I were going to protest anything anywhere, I would be completely ignorant to go to the track during a race weekend and protest, NASCAR, guns or anything else that has to do with Texas! These folks may never protest anything else in their lives if they do that. Don't think the mass of fans there would even begin to put up with that kind of behavior around the track and grounds. JMHO!! I will be watching from the sidelines and smiling the whole time!!

readygirl 04-13-2013 01:09 AM

Chris Murphy, Dem Senator from Conn sent a letter to Rupert Murdoch, asking him not air the race on his FOX network out of respect for Sandy hook. He said he intends to honor his contractual obligations to NASCAR.

readygirl 04-13-2013 01:16 AM

I may get blasted for saying this....but i have had enough about Newtown, and Sandyhook. It was a terrible tragedy, but now its just the old (run the the grieving family members out to fight with the pro-gun people) routine.. They have to know that they are pawns, being used to advance the lefties agenda.

DFlynt 04-13-2013 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by readygirl (Post 1212100)
Chris Murphy, Dem Senator from Conn sent a letter to Rupert Murdoch, asking him not air the race on his FOX network out of respect for Sandy hook. He said he intends to honor his contractual obligations to NASCAR.

F%@k Chris Murphy, Smuckie Schumer and the rest of the gun grabbers.

Jake86 04-13-2013 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by readygirl (Post 1212107)
I may get blasted for saying this....but i have had enough about Newtown, and Sandyhook. It was a terrible tragedy, but now its just the old (run the the grieving family members out to fight with the pro-gun people) routine.. They have to know that they are pawns, being used to advance the lefties agenda.

I couldn't agree more.....