Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Texas Attorney General Declares Red Flag Alert on UN Treaty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Default Texas Attorney General Declares Red Flag Alert on UN Treaty

"We, as American citizens and defenders of our liberty, must now be vigilant and keep pressure on the U.S. Senate to make certain they do the right thing by blocking this treaty. If they do not, Gen. Abbott is poised to strike in our defense. With Gen. Abbott on our side, I like our odds!" - Bob Price Please join the commentary on TexasGOPVote.com.

http://texasgopvote.com/regions/texas/tx-atty-general-greg-abbott-declares-red-flag-alert-response-un-arms-control-0053031

Bob Price
Houston, Texas USA

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6557 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

All I can say to the UN is...

Old 04-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5074 Times on 2886 Posts
Likes Given: 4238

And some folks still flame me when I point out that the slimy little pissant that got us into that damned criminal organization was none other than Harry Truman. The father of the "no win wars."

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:54 PM   #4

Liked 1394 Times on 729 Posts
Likes Given: 1919

It seems to me there is an even more insidious part to this proposed "treaty".

Forgetting all the valid gun issues for a moment, this treaty purports to give the U.N. the power to change it afterwards on a 75% vote of the General Assembly.

Think about the ramifications of that for a moment.....

A treaty should be like a contract where two or more states agree on "X" and the exact same parties can later agree on something else, if they wish. A contract signed by "X" and "Y" can be changed or added to later if those same signatories agree to do so; it cannot be changed by "Y" and "Z"! Those kinds of agreements belong in Bizarro World and should stay there.

Furthermore, the General Assembly consists of a lot of tinpot countries whose delegates are likely to steal the U.N. silverware (that's actually happened) and this "treaty" tries to set up them up as future law-makers in your country and mine. WTF!

The globalist agenda is visible.

ps: That's where the text was when I last saw it. Does anybody know if that's what was passed?

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Last edited by Rocky7; 04-05-2013 at 09:10 PM.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-05-2013, 09:42 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5074 Times on 2886 Posts
Likes Given: 4238

Fortunately, our country requires that it be ratified by 2/3 of the senate before we are bound by it.

And that is not going to happen.

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

rhyno13 Likes This 
Old 04-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #6

Liked 271 Times on 153 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Fortunately, our country requires that it be ratified by 2/3 of the senate before we are bound by it.

And that is not going to happen.
Our Constitution supersedes all international treaties.

”The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.”
~James Earl Jones

Old 04-06-2013, 05:01 AM   #7
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 888 Times on 529 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyno13 View Post
Our Constitution supersedes all international treaties.
Not positive but I think the oposite is true, treaties become part of the constitution. I don't know how to verify this though. I read it somewhere but can't remember where. And as always I could be wrong and hope I am in this case.

Old 04-06-2013, 05:24 AM   #8

Liked 4787 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The U.S. can not enter into treaties without ratification by the Congress. As posted by Locutus. Woodrow Wilson was from Virginia and the first Southerner elected to the White House since Reconstruction. He was the son of a Confederate and a slave holder. President Wilson in 1919 proposed and founded the "Left Wing" League of Nations the parent organization of the United Nations. This was a product of Home Grown American politics.

Old 04-06-2013, 05:48 AM   #9
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 888 Times on 529 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
The U.S. can not enter into treaties without ratification by the Congress. As posted by Locutus. Woodrow Wilson was from Virginia and the first Southerner elected to the White House since Reconstruction. He was the son of a Confederate and a slave holder. President Wilson in 1919 proposed and founded the "Left Wing" League of Nations the parent organization of the United Nations. This was a product of Home Grown American politics.
That ain't anywhere near all of the damage Wilson did to this country.
Almost every thing your current president is getting away with Wilson tried and failed. FDR was in Wisons cabinet, he managed to make some of wilsons agenda stick. Along came LBJ and here came more left wing nonsense. Now we have BHO putting the finishing touches on wilsons dreams.

Wilsons 3 most destructive legacies

1 The Federal Reserve.

2 The progressive income tax.

3 The direct popular election of senators instead of thier election by the individual state legislatures as is provided for by the constitution.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:53 AM   #10

Liked 4787 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

F4U, Very good post. You are obviously not a product of the Public School system.