Tent city highlights US homes crisis - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Tent city highlights US homes crisis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2008, 11:07 AM   #21
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by photog View Post
You premise your assumptions on the absence of criminal activity by lenders. IMHO criminality is irrelevant. Most of these folks were enticed by greedy lenders whose actions were egregiously wrong. I don't agree with your assessment of the real problem.
Wrong actions are not always illegal. I base my opinion of this on what the law says, not on what I or you or anyone else may personally feel.

Old 03-23-2008, 02:51 PM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

An interesting side-bar on this, guess who was leading the charge of investigating the shady lenders until getting outted as associating with prosititutes? Apparently his wiretap was activated within a day of his testifying to Congress about the issue. I'm not defending Spitzer, but it certainly seems like an interesting coincidence. If you make powerful enemies, you'd better make sure you have no skeletons in the closet.

http://www.tnr.com/politics/story.html?id=c5005f31-237e-4f9d-bca1-891c7aa2b7b2&k=90024

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Global_Economy/JC20Dj04.html

Old 03-23-2008, 04:34 PM   #23

its not a conicidence........

but to be prosecuting people for exactly what you're doing certainly was hypocritical.

movie zombie

ps most people were just happy to be able to buy into the american dream: owning a home. lending standards were reduced, lending products flooded the market, mortgage brokers were seen as helpers not for what they were: salespeople of products. one could go on re the problems. but that we the taxpayers are bailing out wall street keeps those making the bad decisions in place to continue making bad decisons.

Old 03-23-2008, 04:51 PM   #24
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviezombie View Post
but that we the taxpayers are bailing out wall street keeps those making the bad decisions in place to continue making bad decisons.
Exactly! Suddenly, there is no consequence for bad (or illegal) behavior.

Whether as individuals or as businesses, we must not become conditioned to depend on Nanny Government to bail us out of hot water every time we do something stupid.

Old 03-23-2008, 06:03 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
Exactly! Suddenly, there is no consequence for bad (or illegal) behavior.

Whether as individuals or as businesses, we must not become conditioned to depend on Nanny Government to bail us out of hot water every time we do something stupid.
big businesses runs our government and makes sure the government serves their interests. we just pay the tab.

movie zombie

Old 04-02-2008, 12:30 AM   #26

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Old 04-04-2008, 02:05 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer461 View Post
Any time you see BBC, think CNN. They are like-minded, anti-American, left wing propaganda machines. They both like to highlight anything that reflects poorly on our country.

sheeeeeit, anytime i watch the news on tv i see antiamerican propaganda. i just want to know whats going on not leftists(cnn) or rightist(foxnews) propaganda. it seems they are all against the constitution and therefore antiamerican. the fcc probally doesnt help matters. at least we still have freespeech on the internet!!