Tell your loved ones you love them.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Tell your loved ones you love them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2009, 02:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Default Tell your loved ones you love them.

My S.O. got a phone call last night. Her mother is in the hospital. No one had heard from mom for a day and when they broke into her house she was laying unconscious on the floor. The doctors say she had a brain aneurysm. There was a fairly large amount of bleeding and there is pressure in the skull. Mom is on a ventilator and they are running tests today to try to determine the amount of brain damage. Mom is 65 and was feeling fine on Sunday when My GF talked to her. Now Mom is in ICU and my SO is at LAX waiting for the first flight to New York.

The doctors will not give any prognosis at this time, but a nurse friend of my SO said full recovery from a bleed like this is unlikely and that survival may be worse than a peaceful end.

This is how fast we can lose the ones we love.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-28-2009, 02:20 PM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

My prayers out to you, my friend.

I think we lose sight of just how quickly one's life can change and we take too much for granted.

Old 07-28-2009, 02:24 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

That's rough brother. I'll keep you and yours in my prayers.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 07-28-2009, 02:33 PM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Whoa, sorry to hear that man...my thoughts are with you & your family. A sobering reminder indeed - we should never take any of the people we love for granted.

Old 07-28-2009, 02:34 PM   #5
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Mine also Jo. Know that you and your family have all our support.

Old 07-28-2009, 03:07 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Man thats horrible, sorry to hear that. Its amazing how quickly things can turn around.
I'm in the same boat right now, fathers in the icu after two strokes and they took both his legs last week.

Thoughts and prayers are with ya JDP

Old 07-28-2009, 03:13 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Prayers and kind thoughts coming her way.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 07-28-2009, 04:02 PM   #8

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Sorry to hear that Jo and my prayers and thoughts are with you and your mother. Keep up a strong outlook my friend, sometimes the human body and mind can be stronger in its recovery from injury than we think.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 07-28-2009, 04:56 PM   #9

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Thank you for your support and kind thoughts guys. I just got word that the doctors are taking her in for brain surgery. At least they have hope enough to try the operation.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:23 PM   #10

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Sorry to hear that Jo, my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family, as well as KTMBoyz Family. God bless you all.

"God give us grace, to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, courage to change the things that should be changed, and the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other." - Reinhold Niebuhr.

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE