Teenage jobs - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Teenage jobs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2010, 06:41 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 62 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Two of them were college jobs:

Shoe salesman - selling to women who measured a size ten but insisted they were a size eight and wouldn't take "no" for an answer.

Janitor - I cleaned the offices at a huge steel plant in Phoenix. Everyone was a smoker and everyone smoked at their desk.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:57 PM   #32

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Worst job-dishwasher at a restaurant.
Best job-working on nuclear weapons.

What A Country!!!!

“There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.” Ted Nugent

Old 09-24-2010, 07:37 PM   #33

Liked 62 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 1

So many dishwashers, and everyone hated it. That was my first job when I was 14....and I loved it!!! Maybe that's what got me interested in the hospitality business.

Old 09-24-2010, 10:20 PM   #34

Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Worst: The one I've got now, as a Deli assistant in a supermarket, the work's alright but the store politics suck asre.. But I need the money for Uni so I put up with it!

Best: During the Christmas holidays my hometown Thai restaurant was really busy and contacted a mate of mine to help them obtain some extra meat. They paid $10 for each rabbit or hare, $100 for pigs and $150 for each deer we bought into them. We didn't even have to dress any of the kills! In one night we collected 53 bunnies and 4 pigs, and over a couple of weeks we each made about two grand. It was an awesome job although it's pretty safe to say that neither of us have eaten there again!