Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Teen mom shoots and kills home intruder (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/teen-mom-shoots-kills-home-intruder-54874/)

Jkl-28 01-06-2012 12:38 AM

Teen mom shoots and kills home intruder

Anyone hear about the 18 year old girl that shot and killed an intruder on new years eve in Oklahoma?
So apparently this 18 year old was at home with her 3 month old baby when two men broke in to her home, she dialed 911 but while she was on the phone the men kept trying to break in to the room she was hiding In with her baby as one of the guys was about to come in she told the 911 dispacher that she had two guns with her and asked is she could shoot him if he came in, the dipacher told her that she couldn't tell her what to do but she did tell her she could do whatever was necessary to protect her baby and her self.
So when the guy came in she shot and killed him (police did find a knife on him when they got there) and when the other accomplice heard the gunshots he took off and got away but was later captured by the police, authorities are not pressing charges against her but they are gonna charge the accomplice with murder....
as hard as it had to be for her to shoot him, I am glad she did! And glad she didnt wait for police to show up,
Even tho she is still the victim it could of been alot worse!

AcidFlashGordon 01-06-2012 03:58 AM

She and her baby are alive and the intruder isn't. That's what is important in this story. The added plus is the dead scummy vermin's friend gets charged with murder. Why, some ask? Because he was involved in a crime where someone (in this case his co-scummy vermin) died.

MrWray 01-06-2012 04:35 AM

Good for her, she did what she needed to do to protect her and her baby's life. Too bad so sad for the dirtbag.

Magnum27 01-06-2012 04:51 AM

It is a tragic story. Her husband just died of cancer 2-3 weeks before that. She is 18 and has a young child and she did something awesome. I made sure my wife saw this. We live in a nice area however bad things happen everywhere and you need to protect yourself.

PrimePorkchop 01-06-2012 05:23 AM

That woman should be damned proud of herself, although i'm pretty sure right now, she's really shaken up.

It's great that she had enough sense to her to keep a gun in the house, and that 911 operator should be given a medal. All too often you hear of 911 operators saying "DO NOT SHOOT"

This one said "DO NOT SHOOT....*UNTIL* that P.O.S. is inside!"

Justice was served. In so many ways.

Love stories like this

Junior966 01-06-2012 10:43 AM

Shaken up is a understatement...Taking a life even for the best of reasons isn't a easy thing...She used a double barrel 12guage so I'm sure that left a mess and a mental image that will last a long time if not a life time...Not that she didn't do the right thing...It's just ashame that she has to carry that with her...God bless her...And if your a member of the NRA and get there magazine there's a section called the armed citizen...I wonder why we don't hear more stories like this but they love to shove stories of crime related shootings down your throat and say this is why guns shouldn't be legal...I wish they showed the real numbers of lives saved by legal gun owners compared to crimes comited with legal firearms...It's not like the President doesn't have this info...

PanBaccha 01-06-2012 12:59 PM

YOU do whatever is necessary to preserve YOUR life and the lives of your LOVED ONES!
And, by God! did she ever. Kudos to her keen sense of self-preservation. Never, never threaten a mother and her cub!
:)

20VarTarg 01-06-2012 02:03 PM

Great job Mom!! You did the right thing period. She should be proud of herself for defending herself and the baby.

The 911 operator also did this right by suggesting that mom had the right to take "any measures" in order to defend herself and the baby.

We need more proactive, competent, lawfuly armed citizens like mom.

VarTarg