Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Ted says they should have been armed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2012, 01:09 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Here's an idea...
How about we list every gun law they broke?
I'll start with the most obvious, guns on school property. Now, the law may have been different back then, do I'm taking a gamble on it.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:13 AM   #12
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20055 Times on 11407 Posts
Likes Given: 50598

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Here's an idea...
How about we list every gun law they broke?
I'll start with the most obvious, guns on school property. Now, the law may have been different back then, do I'm taking a gamble on it.
1999, i kind of doubt you are wrong on that.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:10 AM   #13

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I am curious how your average CCW carrier would fare against being shot at with an AR-15, in a dark, smoke filled room full of people who are in various states of panic...

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Old 07-30-2012, 02:17 AM   #14
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20055 Times on 11407 Posts
Likes Given: 50598

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubergopher View Post
I am curious how your average CCW carrier would fare against being shot at with an AR-15, in a dark, smoke filled room full of people who are in various states of panic...
how would the shooter have reacted if maybe someone with a CCW had fired at him? might have saved some lives, might not have. i don't think we will ever truly know the answer to that question. but i am an optimist and would like to think that an armed person with an CC, might have either slowed the shooter down until LEO's arrived or have him run off in fear for his own life because he was being shot at.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:17 AM   #15

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubergopher
I'm not average I don't think but I'd shoot the sob. Iv been gased 3 times in boot. They gave up when they couldn't make me sick.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:28 AM   #16

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

The comparison...
Average azzhole attempting mass murder...
Average citizen with a ccw permit...
My bet is on the average citizen with a permit, and I'll tell you why in a couple of very simple and easy to understand statements.
Those of us who like guns, generally like SHOOTING guns, therefore, likely have more practice.
Last count I heard there were at least 4 military personnel in the theater (I think there were more than that). Everyone in the military goes through some type of marksmanship training.
Not every sailor is a rifleman, I know, but still...
Also, mass murdering azzhole is looking for easy targets. Do any of these people EVER attack a gun free zone because they think someone is actually going to fight back? Hell no. He would have paused at the least, and fallen down into the fetal position crapping his pants at the most, with THE VERY FIRST round coming back at him.

He was untrained. The fact that he had four guns on him screams that to me like a banshee.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:33 AM   #17

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
The comparison...
Average azzhole attempting mass murder...
Average citizen with a ccw permit...
My bet is on the average citizen with a permit, and I'll tell you why in a couple of very simple and easy to understand statements.
Those of us who like guns, generally like SHOOTING guns, therefore, likely have more practice.
Last count I heard there were at least 4 military personnel in the theater (I think there were more than that). Everyone in the military goes through some type of marksmanship training.
Not every sailor is a rifleman, I know, but still...
Also, mass murdering azzhole is looking for easy targets. Do any of these people EVER attack a gun free zone because they think someone is actually going to fight back? Hell no. He would have paused at the least, and fallen down into the fetal position crapping his pants at the most, with THE VERY FIRST round coming back at him.

He was untrained. The fact that he had four guns on him screams that to me like a banshee.
There is enough active and reserve Marines in civvies that he would be screwed if they was armed. "Every Marine is a rifleman"

Old 07-30-2012, 05:43 AM   #18

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

I agree with him on this one, I don't always agree with the man but I love him just the same, he's one of my favorite people of all time but sometimes he can fall off his rocker so to speak.

Just like any of us can from time to time.

I've met him a few times, one time when I was about 13 and he gave me some good advice about a problem I was having and he seemed to genuinely care and listen, I didn't realize it then only later, how nice and honest he actually is.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Last edited by Wiebelhaus; 07-30-2012 at 05:46 AM.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:44 AM   #19

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4285

Quote:
Good question...Impossible to tell from here but maybe a little better than a CCW carrier who's roscoe was in the car...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Last edited by vincent; 07-30-2012 at 05:47 AM.

Old 07-30-2012, 06:01 AM   #20

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
Good question...Impossible to tell from here but maybe a little better than a CCW carrier who's roscoe was in the car...
Both of you have good points but just to reiterate, possibly not very well but better than without.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

vincent Likes This