Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   A-Team movie. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/team-movie-28370/)

skullcrusher 06-16-2010 04:35 AM

A-Team movie.

I've seen several trailers, and they have some money stars in this. Also, is that Rampage as B.A.? I believe so. I was never a big fan of The A-Team as they were not written very well and actual damage was minimal because it was written for prime time. What do you all think?

(sorry if this is a rehash)

saviorslegacy 06-16-2010 07:00 AM

I have seen it twice and I absutely adore it. If you like comedies and movies like Mission Impossible then this movie is the one for you.

I think A-Team has good like-able characters, a nice plot with some cool twists, good action and a lot comedy (think Pirates of the Caribbean).

doctherock 06-16-2010 07:02 AM

Yes its Rampage and yes I want to see it.

RugerShootinGal 06-16-2010 07:06 AM

I don't think I wanna see that. I wasn't a fan of it growing up. If yall see it and say it is good I might try and watch it maybe:D

skullcrusher 06-16-2010 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saviorslegacy (Post 300746)
I have seen it twice and I absutely adore it. If you like comedies and movies like Mission Impossible then this movie is the one for you.

I think A-Team has good like-able characters, a nice plot with some cool twists, good action and a lot comedy (think Pirates of the Caribbean).

But are the characters anything like their television show counterparts? Oh, wait, that show is older than you are. I'm not saying anything, but I'm just saying.

cpttango30 06-16-2010 09:23 AM

There is one 1 B.A. and that is Mr. T. The movie is going to be an obamanation just like 99.99% of all remakes. Really flying a effing take WTF is that crap. I understand it is Hollywood but still...

lkd 06-16-2010 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpttango30 (Post 300767)
There is one 1 B.A. and that is Mr. T. The movie is going to be an obamanation just like 99.99% of all remakes. Really flying a effing take WTF is that crap. I understand it is Hollywood but still...

I'm guessing you haven't seen the new movie then. It's really quite enjoyable! Frankly, I like the new BA more than Mr T.

And I'm 48, so I remember the old shows too ;)

cpttango30 06-16-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lkd (Post 300779)
I'm guessing you haven't seen the new movie then. It's really quite enjoyable! Frankly, I like the new BA more than Mr T.

And I'm 48, so I remember the old shows too ;)

Thats you.

I am sick of people remaking everything and making is STUPID or just douchetastic. So I will wait till it is on netflix in about ohhh 6 weeks.

saviorslegacy 06-16-2010 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skullcrusher (Post 300753)
But are the characters anything like their television show counterparts? Oh, wait, that show is older than you are. I'm not saying anything, but I'm just saying.

I have never watched the original. I watch things like MASH, Beverly Hillbillies, Gilligans Island and Family Guy.

Anyways, the problem with movies remakes of books and old shows is that there was a whole lot of developement put into the characters over the course of a lot of material.
A movie has less time to tell the story. So they have to change things to make characters less complex.

And BTW, I do plan on watching the original this weekend just to see what it is like because I am curious if the characters are the same in the movie as they are in the series.
My parents said that they thought it was pretty close and that they done good with Murdock and BA constantly fighting.

CA357 06-16-2010 04:20 PM

I want to see it, but won't pay movie theater prices to do so. I'll rent it at Blockbuster.