Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Teachers With Guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2008, 10:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 30 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Teachers With Guns

Harrold Texas is considering armed teachers in the classroom. According to the piece on HNN, teachers would have to have a CCW license, be approved by the school board and attend crisis intervention training. It's about time!!

People get the government they deserve.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-19-2008, 10:53 PM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I've been watching this closely, and unfortunately all the media hype around here is negative. The typical BS and dire predictions flooding the air waves regarding this common sense piece of legislation all but guarantees that a follow-up on how it benefits society will never be broadcast!

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 08-19-2008, 11:59 PM   #3

Liked 30 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I'm kind of a simple person and try to equate everything to a personal level. This time I'm thinking just the opposite. If a teacher having a gun in the class room isn't a deterrent to violence in the school, then having a nuclear arsenal in the US is not a deterrent to attack by our enemies. Of course, the opposition would say "if we were nicer to people, we would have no enemies." Yea, and we would all speak French!! JMHO

People get the government they deserve.

Old 08-20-2008, 02:26 AM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Common sense is a misnomer. This debate about teachers carrying in school is very similar to the debate which ensued following 9/11 pertaining to arming airline pilots. Most airline pilots have college degree's in the Engineering sciences, generally more difficult to obtain than a high school teaching degree - how could any thinking person who entrusts his life to an ailrine pilot or his childrens education to a teacher, make the claim that either is not qualified or should be trusted with a firearm? Unbridled fear and stupidity - that's all it is.

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 08-20-2008, 04:04 AM   #5

Considering the violence in schools ever since the wonderful Civil Rights "Which should actually be called the animals can do what they want whenever they want" the teachers should have been carrying decades ago .

I know Rapes and gang beatings for the pure pleasure of the sadistic animals is a statistic that the States and the School Boards have been whitewashing for 40+ years and with the Illegals and their gangs things have only gotten worse .

Old 08-20-2008, 11:49 AM   #6

Default ?

I read this earlier. They only have 150 students. While I don't think they have any reason for it we all heard about the Amish school in Pa. where so many were killed recently. I have a friend that taught in Detroit schools. Said students threatened teachers and robbed them on the parking lots. Then I would carry a Bazooka.

Old 08-20-2008, 05:51 PM   #7

Teacher in some parts in of Israel carry guns, because of the terrorism. They also are obligated to take yearly training courses.

Old 08-20-2008, 06:55 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This isn't really a new issue, but an interesting one. Less than a year ago, a teacher here in Oregon (Medford I think) brought her handgun to school because she feared that her stalker ex-husband would attack her- so she carried the gun everywhere. She was the legal owner of the gun, and had her CHL- but the school took action because she had the gun at school- EVEN THOUGH SHE WAS NOT IN VIOLATION OF OREGON LAW! Oregon, and many other states allow anyone with a concealed carry license to carry in schools- It's about time that a school district actually allows teachers to carry.

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
-Ronald Reagan