Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Teachers With Guns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/teachers-guns-6408/)

dunerunner 08-19-2008 11:25 PM

Teachers With Guns

Harrold Texas is considering armed teachers in the classroom. According to the piece on HNN, teachers would have to have a CCW license, be approved by the school board and attend crisis intervention training. It's about time!!

RL357Mag 08-19-2008 11:53 PM

I've been watching this closely, and unfortunately all the media hype around here is negative. The typical BS and dire predictions flooding the air waves regarding this common sense piece of legislation all but guarantees that a follow-up on how it benefits society will never be broadcast!

dunerunner 08-20-2008 12:59 AM

I'm kind of a simple person and try to equate everything to a personal level. This time I'm thinking just the opposite. If a teacher having a gun in the class room isn't a deterrent to violence in the school, then having a nuclear arsenal in the US is not a deterrent to attack by our enemies. Of course, the opposition would say "if we were nicer to people, we would have no enemies." Yea, and we would all speak French!! JMHO

RL357Mag 08-20-2008 03:26 AM

Common sense is a misnomer. This debate about teachers carrying in school is very similar to the debate which ensued following 9/11 pertaining to arming airline pilots. Most airline pilots have college degree's in the Engineering sciences, generally more difficult to obtain than a high school teaching degree - how could any thinking person who entrusts his life to an ailrine pilot or his childrens education to a teacher, make the claim that either is not qualified or should be trusted with a firearm? Unbridled fear and stupidity - that's all it is.

BigO01 08-20-2008 05:04 AM

Considering the violence in schools ever since the wonderful Civil Rights "Which should actually be called the animals can do what they want whenever they want" the teachers should have been carrying decades ago .

I know Rapes and gang beatings for the pure pleasure of the sadistic animals is a statistic that the States and the School Boards have been whitewashing for 40+ years and with the Illegals and their gangs things have only gotten worse .

mrwatch 08-20-2008 12:49 PM

?

I read this earlier. They only have 150 students. While I don't think they have any reason for it we all heard about the Amish school in Pa. where so many were killed recently. I have a friend that taught in Detroit schools. Said students threatened teachers and robbed them on the parking lots. Then I would carry a Bazooka.

Squirrel 08-20-2008 06:51 PM

Teacher in some parts in of Israel carry guns, because of the terrorism. They also are obligated to take yearly training courses.

THE_REPUBLICAN 08-20-2008 07:55 PM

This isn't really a new issue, but an interesting one. Less than a year ago, a teacher here in Oregon (Medford I think) brought her handgun to school because she feared that her stalker ex-husband would attack her- so she carried the gun everywhere. She was the legal owner of the gun, and had her CHL- but the school took action because she had the gun at school- EVEN THOUGH SHE WAS NOT IN VIOLATION OF OREGON LAW! Oregon, and many other states allow anyone with a concealed carry license to carry in schools- It's about time that a school district actually allows teachers to carry.