Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Teacher Deems Student’s American Flag Drawing ‘Offensive’

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 12:15 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Teacher Deems Student’s American Flag Drawing ‘Offensive’

Breitbart.tv

The teacher told the student she couldn't draw the flag because it was offensive but the teacher praised another student's drawing of the Joke-in-Chief.

My comment to that teacher?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-11-2010, 12:25 PM   #2

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

That teacher is offensive to me. Doesn't that mean that they need to be more PC to spare my patriotic feelings?

Old 05-11-2010, 01:06 PM   #3

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Pitiful. No offense to any Art teachers out there, except those with the same mind-frame as this one, I am only expressing my colorful artsy side in language..."What a 'effen moron!"

I guess that kind of explains why that teacher is not a history teacher.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 05-11-2010, 01:22 PM   #4

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

The people in her district need to ban together and demand the commie teacher be fired, and be deported to one of her commie countries. Or just exicute the teachers un-American ass

Old 05-11-2010, 03:23 PM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

That "teacher" should definitly be needing to look for Other employment. I definitly would not want that teacher teaching my children! She is, of course entitled to her opinion, but the students are also entitled to not have to hear it!

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-11-2010, 03:24 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 224 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 439

Heard that today on am radio, about made me spit my sweet tea all over my dash board! Were do they get off saying/doing things like this, why do they mock the very thing and pepole who gave them the life they love and enjoy? Yet were the bad pepole! The common working person footing the bills and doing the right thing! I am so sick of all this socilalist commie filth streaming from these so called teachers mouth! And all the while nothing is done but a slap on the wrist, then they go back to indroctinating the childern of our country with there ill moral and un ethical views!!-sorry had to vent.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 05-11-2010, 03:37 PM   #7

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
The people in her district need to ban together and demand the commie teacher be fired, and be deported to one of her commie countries.
Agreed!! Quoted for truth!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:58 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

As presented, I agree with the comments above. However, I wonder why they don't show the actual picture the girl did? If I heard right they said it was a picture like this, but with dots (or something like that). I think we need to see the actual picture or at least tell us why they can't.

If it was a picture of the american flag with God Bless America on it, I would guess it was the God part that the teacher had the problem with.

Would love to know more.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:11 PM   #9

Liked 1018 Times on 603 Posts
Likes Given: 317

I'm guessing the teacher was referring to the word God on it, not the flag itself. Still totally stupid and the teacher needs to be disciplined or let go.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 05-11-2010, 04:27 PM   #10

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

In California, students recite the pledge of allegiance every day "One Nation Under God!"!!

If the teacher had protested the pledge as well, this argument would be valid. When asked what was offensive about the 13 year olds drawing of the flag, the teacher did not respond.

It's time to do away with tenure and the teachers unions!!

People get the government they deserve.