Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The Tea thread.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 03:45 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default The Tea thread.

!!!NO T.E.A. Party talk!!!
Not sure if many people enjoy it here as I do, but if you do share..
I am from the South so I do enjoy Sweet tea, but I am becoming partial to unsweeten Earl grey, Green and chai.
Also totally unrelated to traditional tea, my new love bubble tea.
mmmmmm bubble tea

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-05-2010, 06:02 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I'm a coffee guy and not much of a tea drinker. On a rare occasion, I'll make a cup of whatever is in the house. But it's usually just to have a change of pace.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-05-2010, 09:19 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Living in southern Mississippi, i drink more than my share of sweet tea/table wine of the South. I also enjoy hot tea at times, mostly Earl Grey, Chai, or similar English breakfast tea. I find it annoying that most grocers here don't have loose tea; it's mostly the bagged stuff.

By "bubble tea", do you mean the drink served by some Asian restaurants that has little tapioca balls in the mix? If so, i looooove that stuff but cannot find it around here.

Celestial Seasonings also makes a "sleepy time" extra or plus that is good for those nights when i have trouble winding down; it has some Valerian for that knockout punch.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:12 PM   #4

Liked 293 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Unsweetened ice tea here. Why would anybody want to ruin good tasting tea with sugar.

Also I have alot of this Tieh Kwan Yin Tea left from my trip to China in 2007. This tea is pretty good on soothing my gut when I've acted like a pot licken' dog (the occasioal gluttony thing) at the dinner table.

Last edited by mrm14; 04-05-2010 at 10:15 PM.

Old 04-06-2010, 02:34 AM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Being discarded refuse from the "Mother Country" aussies have traditionally been tea drinkers. Bushies (for example long distance sheep/cattle drovers etc) always carried black tea in their swags to be brewed over the open fire in a 'billy'; so deadly strong you can stand a spoon up in the cup lol, with sugar but never milk. However this has changed a lot since the Italian immigrant wave of the 50s-60s and we now have a strong espresso-European coffee culture here. We like our coffee the same as our beer - with a punch lol

I do have one of those stovetop coffee percolators, but large amounts of tea is my one remaining vice these days since I can't drink alcohol...brewed the way it should be in a teapot with milk & sugar. Can't beat a good cuppa

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Last edited by zhuk; 04-06-2010 at 02:36 AM.

Old 04-06-2010, 03:30 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
By "bubble tea", do you mean the drink served by some Asian restaurants that has little tapioca balls in the mix? If so, i looooove that stuff but cannot find it around here.
Yes I do, and I know now how it feels to crave it and not be able to find it... it's ridiculous. I was recently on spring break, so I spent the weekend in my girl friends off campus apartment. I had a craving for some, but wasn't about to travel 20 miles for it.

She informed me today they are building a place that specializes in bubble tea.

Old 04-06-2010, 03:34 AM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Bubble tea is plentiful in central Sydney, not suprisingly due to our large Asian population.

I've never tried it, but been curious every time I've walked past a shop in the CBD. Maybe (on your recommendation!) I should give it a shot

Quote:
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 04-06-2010, 03:51 AM   #8

Asian aussie..... that sounds like a hot mix.

Old 04-06-2010, 04:14 AM   #9

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Very often, yes

Quote:

Old 04-06-2010, 12:15 PM   #10

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

I am just an Iced Tea drinker. in the summer I can pound down a gallon plus of tea.

There is one two kinds of tea I use to make my iced tea, Red Rose and Luzian. That is it. Lipton is like Lucky Logger Beer horrible at best gawdawful or worse most of the time.

Lipton tea is the walked on scraps that people pick up off the floor of a tea packaging factory.

I don't make my tea on a coffee maker as I have 1 pot that is for nothing but making tea no cooking no nothing in that pot just tea making.