Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Tax Rebate! Why Not Buy A Gun? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/tax-rebate-why-not-buy-gun-3120/)

billt 01-26-2008 09:02 PM

Tax Rebate! Why Not Buy A Gun?

It looks like Washington, in an effort to spike the economy, and pacify the masses who in general are sick of them, has agreed to a tax rebate in the neighborhood of $600.00 per person, approx. $1,200.00 per married couple. This is the perfect opportunity for anyone getting one to exercise their Second Amendment rights and buy a gun with it. Think of the irony. The Democrats agreed to it, and would love yet another Assault Weapons Ban. What better way to rub it in their face than buy that AR-15 you've been wanting, and let the Dems. help you pay for it. I just bought another AR-15 the other day, but I can use a nice AK-47, and a bunch of Hi-Caps for my AR's. Let's work to try and get this going. What could be better? Invest in America's future, buy a gun! Bill T.

aussierogue 01-26-2008 09:15 PM

Mate i was only thinking about doing that this morning was thinking one for me and one for the lovely wife plus i might be able to talk her into getting her CCW :D

Righteous 01-26-2008 10:00 PM

I'll believe it when i see the check

Chuck 01-27-2008 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Righteous (Post 14973)
I'll believe it when i see the check

...and how much of it is taken back in redundant taxation.

MarkoPo 01-27-2008 02:01 AM

Eh, who care if you get $1200 and have to pay taxes, it is still money I overpaid to the government, and not to sound cliche' it is better than nothing. I am probably going to use this to buy the XD I've been drooling over. Heck, I might even spend the extra $40 or $50 and go for a bi-tone. It isn't free money but it is MY money. :)

Chuck 01-27-2008 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkoPo (Post 14990)
Eh, who care if you get $1200 and have to pay taxes, it is still money I overpaid to the government, and not to sound cliche' it is better than nothing. I am probably going to use this to buy the XD I've been drooling over. Heck, I might even spend the extra $40 or $50 and go for a bi-tone. It isn't free money but it is MY money. :)

It's more redistribution of wealth. Marx would be proud.

gunky 01-27-2008 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billt (Post 14965)
This is the perfect opportunity for anyone getting one to exercise their Second Amendment rights and buy a gun with it.

That's the first thing I though of when I first heard about the tax (theft) rebate.

Zappa 01-27-2008 05:02 PM

I'd like to buy another gun, but if I do, it better be a really small one because the safe is pretty full now. Maybe I should spend the money on getting another safe :D

Chuck 01-28-2008 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zappa (Post 15029)
I'd like to buy another gun, but if I do, it better be a really small one because the safe is pretty full now. Maybe I should spend the money on getting another safe :D

A problem we all wish we had. :cool:

bkt 01-28-2008 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 14993)
It's more redistribution of wealth. Marx would be proud.

Certainly it is! Who controls the wealth in this country? Not you or me.