Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Tattoo Ideas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 559 Times on 369 Posts

I like that idea mountainman

Old 11-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #22

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
You did not want one, now you want a second one.

And this is the species that rules the planet.

Sounds like a great marketing ploy, give away something to create interest, like samples in the grocery store.

Japanese saying, show you are a free man, walk away, show you are a man, get one, show you are a boy, get several, show you are an imbecile, get covered.
I don't like Logan's steak house. But give me a coupon for a free meal and I'll eat there.

And that sounds more like the saying of a prejudiced jack ass to me.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:10 PM   #23
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6111 Times on 3703 Posts
Likes Given: 6916

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
Japanese saying, show you are a free man, walk away, show you are a man, get one, show you are a boy, get several, show you are an imbecile, get covered.
I have a good friend who has a full sleeve and almost a full second sleeve. He is FAR from an imbecile. He is a very good man, great husband and wonderful father to his three children. His right arm is dedicated to his military service and to a friend who died in combat. He is a brave, good, honest man. And he has helped me get to be where I am today.

Old 11-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #24
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 864 Times on 574 Posts
Likes Given: 216

I own a body arts studio. I was twice a center judge at the Worlds Largest Tattoo Convention put on by 8 time world champion Mario Barth.

In my business, I have seen it all.

I did not say, the japanese saying was popular among today's body arts collectors, but it is pretty close to the history of most cultures down through time.

What we call body art today, in most cultures, came from traditions to brand slaves and outcasts.

Once you mix sand and water into concrete, it is not possible to get the water back to offer your child a drink of water.

Funny thing about wisdom, it is rarely recognized by by the headstrong as being anything desirable.

One rule tattooing has long held, that is all but forgotten today, tattoos should not offend others. Siblings, parents, grandparents, employers, churches, governments, social circles. If a tattoo is done so it becomes a ball and chain, or a wedge between people, it is a burden. Often times, the burden is not immediately recognized by the person wearing the tattoo.

Making a decision to get a tattoo, or another tattoo, can be quick, simple, and easy.

Few things quick, simple or easy are good balanced lifelong goals.

I caution my customers to make intelligent choices.

Old 11-08-2013, 04:37 PM   #25

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303tom View Post
You could try something like this !................
So...you're saying you're Aquaman...?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 11-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #26

Liked 101 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 146

These are all I have,the Ruger logo

and my G2 Contender with camouflaged antlers above it

NRA Member,NAHC life member,Indiana Rifle/Pistol Assoc. member

Old 11-08-2013, 11:37 PM   #27
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1032 Times on 667 Posts
Likes Given: 5294

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
Hi everyone,

I recently attended a fundraiser and won a free tattoo (obviously there's a limit on cost/size). Now I have a tattoo, so there's no fear there, but I wasn't really intending to get a tattoo - I'm not a big tattoo/piercing person. No piercings and I don't intend to get many tattoos.

I don't want to waste the opportunity however, so I'm considering getting another one. some basic ideas that came to mind are:

Iron Cross, Fleur de lis, a Maple Leaf, or the Canadian Coat of Arms. Not bad ideas, but nothing overly exciting there. So I figured I'd put a line out there and see if anything good comes from it. If anyone has suggestions let's hear it!

FYI, I'm thinking about more symbolic tattoos. Ie something simple and logo-ish like an Iron Cross, not a mishmash sleeve of things. Nothing stupid - ie no zombie-bikers riding a motorcycle with a naked chick....
Preferably with a meaning attached to them - again Iron Cross / Fleur-de lis.

I'll think of something on my own, but I'm open to ideas. Feel free to show yours while we're at it.
Truenorth, do you have any medical conditions that would require you to wear a medical alert bracelet? Being a diabetic who works on cars, truck, and motorcycles, my bracelet kept getting hung while doing repairs, and it would wind up in my pocket or my tool box. This is what I had done to solve that problem.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

rn-cindy Likes This 
Old 11-08-2013, 11:53 PM   #28
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7321 Times on 4247 Posts
Likes Given: 9429

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
My next tattoo (I'm covered) will be the word itchy on my right "pointer" finger.
May I suggest at the same time you get one thumb tatted with "Sucky" and the other one "Stinky"?

(I'll leave it up to you to figure out why)

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 11-09-2013, 12:18 AM   #29
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I have a good friend who has a full sleeve and almost a full second sleeve. He is FAR from an imbecile. He is a very good man, great husband and wonderful father to his three children. His right arm is dedicated to his military service and to a friend who died in combat. He is a brave, good, honest man. And he has helped me get to be where I am today.
You have to understand the Japanese culture winds. for the last several hundred years, tattoos were completely underground, and were used by the Yakuza as a means of identifaction within the organization. Until recent years, any ink had to be covered while out in public. A person with a tattoo could not go to the beach, a swimming pool, or a bath house if they could not cover their tat. Getting inked is still frowned upon by the older generations in their society, and any ink that is seen at times as a reason to detain and question a person by LE much as prison and gang ink is here in America.

When my father was in the Corps, stationed in Okinawa, he had to wear a t-shirt at all times while off base due to the eagle anf flag on his right bicep. this was per orders of the base commander, who also pointed out that getting inked was against regs and could lead to charges of destruction of government property or dishonorable discharge. Needless to say, in the 22 years since his retirement, times have changed.

Here in America we accept ink more in our daily life more than we did 20 or 30 years ago. When I was in high school, our shop teacher had a pair of dog tags on his right forearm in memory of his son who died while serving in Vietnam. He was told that he had to wear long sleeves to keep his job, and I did not even know he had any ink until I gave him a jump in a parking lot one day during the summer. back then, he was lucky to get hired. A friend of mine in HS was hired a couple years ago as a custodian, and his 13 piercings, and both arms in full sleeves was not an issue, even though he was hired to work days, long sleeves are not required. Needless to say, things have drastically changed, as 2 of the teachers are also sporting sleeves.

i don't think that AR-10 is insulting anyone's choice by posting the old Japanese saying. He is just passing on some old wisdom that more folks should consider before getting inked. There are a lot of folks out there that are looking for a cover up or paying 10 X as much to remove their ink as the tat cost in the first place due to not thinking things through, and getting that cool looking meaningless image that they later regret, or that will pizz off a potential boss. IOW, what you do now will affect your future, and how others see you.

In the case of your friend, you see the man you know, who you took the time to know, that he is on the inside. Not everybody would, some will always judge by what they see. To me, that is their loss.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-09-2013, 12:36 AM   #30
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303tom View Post
You could try something like this !................
Sweet! Beats my idea for my stump. I was going to have a band aid with the words stupid hurts across it. Cant find someone who is willing to try it on grafted skin though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak View Post
That must have hurt. I have heard that anywhere on the foot is especially painful. That is some serious skill though
You're paying for the pain. The ink is your souvener.

Si vis pacem parabellum.