Tarrant County College Bans Empty Holster Protest - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Tarrant County College Bans Empty Holster Protest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2008, 10:11 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by h&k bigdaddydieseldan View Post
That's just total bs what happened to freedom of speech

Wait until all the disenfranchised Republicans "write-in" their protest votes...then after a a few years you'll be asking the question "what happened to my 2nd Amendment Rights?".....
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 05-28-2008, 09:01 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottG View Post
Well, if there was enough notice, perhaps the students could print up a few t shirts with a picture of a holster on it. That would be the front side, the back side could have a picture of Mr Garcia, an equal sign, then a braying jackass....
HAHHAHA!!! That's awesome and a great idea.

It sickens me to see this type of censorship taking place, and at a COLLEGE to boot!!!

What has happened to our most basic rights, freedoms, and liberties? Certainly you would think this is ONE issue the Republicans and Democrats could agree on.

Republicans because of the second amendment and Democrats because of freedom of speech, plus they love rallies and protests. I don't understand how these school officials are getting away with this crap. There should be some action going on down there!!!

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Old 05-28-2008, 12:28 PM   #13

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Unless we hold their feet to the fire, this kind of stuff happens all the time at colleges around the country. They are not bastions of free speech and open inquiry, they are bastions of protected hate speech and doctrinaire thinking that allows no deviation from today's "revealed truth."

9x18=Makarov

Old 05-28-2008, 01:43 PM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2860 Times on 1490 Posts
Likes Given: 254

Completely ascinine but expected from modern day Academics. Free speach should be limited to the professor accusing Bush of lying and how wonerful Oballery is.

If any of the students has the guts to defy the order, he/she will surely prevail in court. The school is publicly funded. The voters in that district/community should demand the president's ouster. Of course he will get a SWEET severance package.

Old 05-28-2008, 02:03 PM   #15

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Look what's happeneing at Syracuse U. with the hate-filled racist rhetoric of that black professor - and it's condoned by the university chancellor! Reverse racism is now accepted, expected, and condoned.

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 05-28-2008, 02:21 PM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2860 Times on 1490 Posts
Likes Given: 254

I took a couple of mikes and went to the Tarrant County College web site and posted the e-mail addresses of the members of the board of trustees for the college. These folks are elected officials and ought to get an e-mail from each and everyone of us, whether we live in that district or not. Keep it civil. You may consider expressing your feelings about this obvious unconstitutional act by their employee (the university president) that will surely cause them to be sued (successfully) in Federal Court.

Appleman, Louise appleman@tccd.edu
Bell, J bell@tccd.edu
Canedy, Randall canedy@tccd.edu
McGee, Bobby mcgee@tccd.edu
Morrison, Gwendolyn morrison@tccd.edu
Vandergriff, Kristin vandergriff@tccd.edu
Winnett, Robyn winnet@tccd.edu

My e-mail to the trustees:

I am appalled that Juan Garcia would even attempt to ban the wearing of empty holsters on the campuses. This is an obviously unconstitutional act by one of your employees that will surely lead to a successful lawsuit. Such irresponsible behavior will cause the taxpayers to loose hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars in damages and legal fees. Why does this man even have a job? He should be terminated immediately. The weaing of empty holsters is a Constitutionally protected expression of protest and MUST be allowed.

Old 05-28-2008, 04:02 PM   #17

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
Look what's happeneing at Syracuse U. with the hate-filled racist rhetoric of that black professor - and it's condoned by the university chancellor! Reverse racism is now accepted, expected, and condoned.
And they wonder why I don't give them any money anymore....

9x18=Makarov

Old 05-28-2008, 04:10 PM   #18
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Thanks for doing the leg-work on that, robocop. Here's my letter:

To Whom It May Concern:

It has been reported that a large group of students who belong to the group Students for Concealed Carry on Campus were recently told by Vice President for Student Development Juan Garcia that they may not carry empty handgun holsters in protest against the ban on lawful concealed carry at the school. Empty holsters are not weapons in their own right and they are clearly a means of expression in this case.

To ban expression -- at a college, no less, where free expression is ostensibly welcomed -- is wrong at best and arguably unconstitutional and may well open the College up to law suits. Certainly, Mr. Garcia may make his personal views known and if he objects to the idea of students legally carrying firearms, so be it. But is he not obliged to show consideration for the students in letting them express their views?

I sincerely hope you will contact Mr. Garcia and demand that he reverse his unilateral ban on students' free speech rights.

Thank you for your time,

Kind regards,

XXXX XXXX
Rochester, NY