Tannerite Help
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Tannerite Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2010, 07:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Tannerite Help

If any one can tell me where to buy the AN fertilizer for tannerite I would greatly appreciate it. However, please don't post it in an open forum. Send me a private message which I will reply to withu my email address which is a military email address. Hopefully, this will make it so you can rest easy. While traveling for the military in Dec. I was in Denton Texas and purchased 33-0-0 fertilizer and when I told the guy what it was for he said it would work then I get back to california and mix it with the AP and shoot with my AR but nothing happened. This caused me to do the research and come to find out he sold me American Plant food corp 33-0-0 ammonium sulfate. Damn I hate being ripped off. However, I still want to make these targets to shoot when my friends an I go out to the desert. If any one could help I would greatly appreciate it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-20-2010, 07:17 PM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Could you stop by introductions and tell us a little about yourself? You wll be more likely to get answers if we know something about you.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 07-20-2010, 07:25 PM   #3

Default thanks Glass

Well I did as asked Glass lets see if this will get me anywhere. I have been trying for months to figure this out and used a forum as a last resort. So I will do what ever is needed.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:43 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

For anybody freaked out by the fertilizer reference: Tannerite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia .

No offense rcromwell; i was unfamiliar with the brand name. Good luck with your target construction. I did find the story of the guy who used 100 pounds as a target interesting; i wish youtube had that.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:30 PM   #5

Liked 1195 Times on 713 Posts
Likes Given: 381

Why not just buy it from the source? They have a website and sell it from there. If you only need one of the compounds then call them and see if they are willing to sell it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
For anybody freaked out by the fertilizer reference: Tannerite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia .

No offense rcromwell; i was unfamiliar with the brand name. Good luck with your target construction. I did find the story of the guy who used 100 pounds as a target interesting; i wish youtube had that.
According to the wikipedia entry there the guy got 3 years probation and a several thousand dollar fine. This stuff is good fun, I hope everyone uses it wisely and doesn't use it in a manner that is reckless and will end up getting it banned.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 07-20-2010, 08:37 PM   #6

Because its cheaper if you buy the fertilizer. When buying the AN as prilled AN they charge about $4 a lb but you can buy the fertilizer for about $40-60 for a 50 lb bag when you can find it. That makes it a hell of alot cheaper then paying $200 for 50 lbs or paying roughly $10 per 1 lb target. plus you get to have the fun of knowing you did it all yourself. It's like shooting reloads that you built sure I can spend alot and buy .223 ammo or I can spen less build it myself and when they are accurate it is that much more satisfying

Old 07-20-2010, 10:10 PM   #7
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Now that I finally have a place to shoot reactive targets, I'd be interested in this, too.

Old 07-21-2010, 01:13 AM   #8

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I did find the story of the guy who used 100 pounds as a target interesting; i wish youtube had that.
Ask and ye shall receive.

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Old 07-21-2010, 01:22 AM   #9

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

By the way, Tannerite is in a legal grey area here. I believe that posssessing both an oxidizer and a catalyst of any kind is illegal under CA law, but Tannerite says they'll ship to CA so...

It may be a moot point. Ammonium Nitrate is supposed to be VERY difficult to come by here in Commiefornia. Unless you own a farm or an ag company, you may not be able to get it at all.

Good luck. IF it IS legal, and you accomplish it, POST VID

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Old 07-21-2010, 02:06 AM   #10

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Most people think any fertilizer containing nitrogen can be used as an explosive content.

Ive got about 100,000 lbs of 33-0-0 at work that wont do shiat. Now, my 17-0-5 urea base is a different story.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?