Tall tales & Fishing - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Tall tales & Fishing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2012, 04:54 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Lol here's a tall tale story my grandpa told me when I was a kid. Lol and I really believed him then.
A while back in the old days my great grandma and grandpa lived in a old log cabin and were very poor. The times were hard. They had no money and nothing to eat. One morning when the sun rose up my grandpa grabbed his rifle and went for a walk in the woods. He was near a creek and he saw a deer on the other side. He aimed his rifle and shot the deer. As he walked across the creek to find the deer he felt something poking his feet. He took off his shoes and found fish in them. He went again walking and found the deer he had killed, but the bullet went all the way through its body. Up ahead from where the deer was laying was a turkey. The bullet had also hit the turkey and went all the way through its body. So he went walking again to find where the bullet had finally stopped. As he was walking through the woods he found a tree with a bee hive full of honey that the bullet had hit.
That's the story he told me when I was very young. Lol course I can't tell it like he did but then again I'm not a old indian man.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:27 AM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8684 Times on 3759 Posts
Likes Given: 1334

When I was a kid, we were living down on the York River. You might as well be on the ocean- 6 miles wide, salt water with tides, crabs and oysters.

We had taken the car and gone to town to get groceries. This was long before air conditioning, but we did have this big window fan. We left the widows open, and the fan in one of the windows.

While we were gone, a thunderstorm came up the river, turning into a mini-hurricane. Blowing in through the windows, it made that fan spin backwards. It acted as a generator, and started making electricity. Feeding back into the power system, it made our electric meter run backwards.

At the end of the month, the power company sent US a check.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 06-06-2012, 11:33 AM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Mobile, my grandad was telling me about a double barreled muzzle loading shotgun he had. It was SO powerful, and could kill a deer SO far away, that by the time you got to the deer, the meat had spoiled.

He got around this with some custom loading for the shotgun. The right barrel got powder, wadding and buckshot. The LEFT barrel got powder, wadding, rock salt, butcher's paper, broken razor blades and string.

Pull the right trigger, and then the left. When you got to the deer the meat had been cut up, salted down, and wrapped up and tied with string.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:33 AM   #14
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7007 Times on 4214 Posts
Likes Given: 8433

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
When I was a kid, we were living down on the York River. You might as well be on the ocean- 6 miles wide, salt water with tides, crabs and oysters.

We had taken the car and gone to town to get groceries. This was long before air conditioning, but we did have this big window fan. We left the widows open, and the fan in one of the windows.

While we were gone, a thunderstorm came up the river, turning into a mini-hurricane. Blowing in through the windows, it made that fan spin backwards. It acted as a generator, and started making electricity. Feeding back into the power system, it made our electric meter run backwards.

Seriously??

Old 06-06-2012, 02:34 PM   #15

Liked 1046 Times on 757 Posts
Likes Given: 540

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter

Quote:

Seriously??

Yep , that one may be a bit stretched but , electric motors are not that different from generators and alternators .
Had an electric fan on an hot rod that would make the lights come on when you got to going down the road .
We have a few computer fans with led lights and when you spin them it will make the lights come on
That poor fan must have been pissed after that

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #16

Liked 116 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 231

c3shooter..You know your showing your age....Long before air conditioning........

Old 06-06-2012, 06:34 PM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

WHY could I never find people THIS gullible when I was selling used cars?

gullible.jpg

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 06-14-2012, 03:56 AM   #18

Liked 1046 Times on 757 Posts
Likes Given: 540

To make a very long story short , me and nate were at one of these time share freebie things up in massofnothin resort in va . We went down town to to some bars which were all closing but one . The artful dodger ....... Went in , got some beers and i went to the head . There was a fish bowl full of condoms and two fake heads kissing , both men ....... Strange I thought , in the bathroom , it was papered in naked girls which was cool in my book . Got back out to my stool and attempted to enjoy the 80 and early 90's music that was pumping when nate turned to me and said '' Umm Phillip ? were in a gay bar .. '' . Me : No its not
Nate : um yea look
Thats when I saw it ...... All dude dancing together to Madonna !
F this lets roll !
Nate had found him some little fat troll girl to dance with so I waited for him outside , in the corner , hiding .
he comes out with her and her 5-6 gay guy friends and tells me we are going to their house . LIKE HELL WE ARE !
After him beggin and pleading to get some from the troll he found I agreed but I had alternate plans . We pull up and yet ! there are more dudes all playing on the bed with a kitten and the others were dancing and slinging around neon light sticks to techno . Well every car in the yard had its keys on the mantle by the door and all were BMW AUDI VW , with the laser cut encoded keys that cost well over 125 ea then more to program them . When the time was right I swipped every last one . Told nate we needed to leave ... RIGHT NOW which was code for I just did something bad .
So we left and left a trail of keys all the way back to NC . He gets a call the next day and in a sweet mans voice , ask him if he had seen any keys .
It was at least a dozen cars out there and half with the windows down and all blocking each other in and in the cul de sac
LMFAO ROL

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 06-14-2012, 06:16 AM   #19
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8095 Times on 4675 Posts
Likes Given: 10452

1988 or 1989, Mecca Ohio on the shores of Mosquito Lake. The bar is the aptly named Mosquito Lounge. My buddies and I had a couple of weeks off around the 4th of July and spent the 4th with a friend who lived up the road from the Mosquito Lounge. During the weekend of the 4th it was a raucous and rowdy place. After the holiday we went in and the place was deserted except for the lone bartender. He was three sheets to the wind and when we ordered some drinks he slurred out "Ya know how to make 'em then do it yerself".

Turns out said bartender is headed to jail the next morning, so we made ourselves at home behind the bar, making drinks and all, playing pool, having a great time until a couple of hours after closing time when we woke up the bartender to tell him we were leaving. He asked us what we owed on our tab and we honestly had no idea, given that we were pouring drinks and making up our own all night. We left maybe $40 or $50. No tip though since we didn't get any service.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:51 AM   #20

Liked 22 Times on 16 Posts

While I was station at NAS Oceana me and my two partners in crime, Tony and Brian, if we weren't hunting we where fishing. We all went down to Elizabeth City, North Carolina to fish the Red River. We rented a John boat from MWR on base. Tony (we called him back lash Tony) made one of his many amazing casts right into a Cypress tree branch which looped around the branch a couple of times. Well Tony wanted his $6 lure back and not donate to the tree with a bunch of other lures hanging from the tree. As I was puttering up to the tree, Brian with his brilliant ideas thought it would be great to get some of the lures hanging from the tree by grabbing one of the limbs and climbing up onto the tree. As I was getting closer to this tree, Tony was trying to get his lure out by jerking it out. We must have been about 15-20 feet from the tree when Brian got a hold of a branch and climbed up and Tony still trying to get his $6 lure out. At this time, I noticed some bugs flying around and then some more and then a lot more. I looked around to see where the heck all these bugs where coming from then I noticed a bee's nest the size of a volleyball. I was trying to decide what to do:
1) back the hell out of there
2) take a dive into the Red River and take a chance with swimming into some cottonmouths.
While I was brain storming on what I should do, I had gotten stung a couple of time so I put the engine in reverse yelled BEEEEEEEEESSS real loud and took a dive in the river. Brian was sitting on top of a nice size branch waving his hand franticly over his head and the same thing Tony was doing. I was back stroking away from the John Boat to make sure I didn't get run over by the engine and yelling at the two knuckleheads to jump into the water. Well they decided to jump and risk the cottonmouths than keep getting tore up by the bees. We got far enough away where the bees backed off and left us alone. We caught up to the boat on the other side of the river bank in a fallen down tree.
We sure wished we had this video taped pretty sure we could have won some money on America Funniest Videos.

Well that was one of many adventures