Talk At Me About Trucks - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Talk At Me About Trucks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2014, 11:15 AM   #11
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1464 Times on 991 Posts
Likes Given: 180

...............imageuploadedbytapatalk1396610144.921512.jpg

Old 04-04-2014, 11:26 AM   #12

Liked 1322 Times on 883 Posts
Likes Given: 851

TOYOTA. I have had 5 now. Been driving them exclusively since '97 or so. (I sold all of them before their time was up.) NEVER once, has one of those trucks left me stranded. NOT ONCE. Almost, one time, but that was kind of my fault for ignoring a problem I knew was there. I will say I'm disappointed, they are going away from their no-frills, tough, reliable trucks, to trucks with more doodads & creature comforts. Above all, I expect/want reliability. I have been left on the roadside too many times when I was driving POS domestic cars.
Toyota makes the Tacoma, (that's what I drive) in a crew cab, but honestly, you may be better off going with a Tundra crew cab, not a ton more money, I think.

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

People Like This 
Old 04-04-2014, 12:28 PM   #13

Liked 752 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

I know it is not a truck but Chevy Tahoes are the way to go IMHO. I will tow boats/horsetrailers with mine and have been in some rough stuff while hunting. The current one is a 2000 Z71 with 225,000 on it and has given me less trouble than any vehicle I have ever had any dealings with. It is still my daily driver ( I am looking a newer one and will keep the current one for a hunting rig).

Old 04-04-2014, 12:38 PM   #14

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts

Default Talk At Me About Trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
TOYOTA. I have had 5 now. Been driving them exclusively since '97 or so. (I sold all of them before their time was up.) NEVER once, has one of those trucks left me stranded. NOT ONCE. Almost, one time, but that was kind of my fault for ignoring a problem I knew was there. I will say I'm disappointed, they are going away from their no-frills, tough, reliable trucks, to trucks with more doodads & creature comforts. Above all, I expect/want reliability. I have been left on the roadside too many times when I was driving POS domestic cars.
Toyota makes the Tacoma, (that's what I drive) in a crew cab, but honestly, you may be better off going with a Tundra crew cab, not a ton more money, I think.

My vote it Toyota as well.

Last edited by ams556; 04-05-2014 at 04:04 AM.
People Like This 
Old 04-04-2014, 12:44 PM   #15

Liked 30 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 35

I'm a ford person when it comes to trucks. I've only owned 1 dodge and 1 chevy and both had mechanical issues and the dodge was bad on gas.My husband had an old GMC once that blew its motor. I have a 93 F-150 that runs great still and have had no engine issues, the only issue we have is the body is rusting out. I also have a 73' ford truck that could pull and carry anything we put it up to. My step-dad has a Ford ranger that has yet to give him an issue, he bought it new in '04. As for torch, and all that ...no idea lol . I just go by how reliable my vehicles have been.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:48 PM   #16

Liked 2442 Times on 1432 Posts
Likes Given: 557

I have a 97 Toyota 4Runner that I still drive daily. We traded my 2004 Tacoma quad can in for a 2008 that has 4 wheel drive, and my wife claimed it. This series of Tacoma is the size of the previous series of Tundras. The 4.2 V6 gives a good power range and the quad cab has room for two adults and kids. ( in our case a preteen as well as a 98 lb Labrador retriever.). We don't do any heavy towing right now so I can't comment on that.

My grandmother was still driving a 1976 Toyota pickup regularly along a pretty rough stretch of road that led to her house in the hills of SW Texas, up until she hurt herself carrying firewood and ended up in a retirement home at age 94.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:56 PM   #17

Liked 2442 Times on 1432 Posts
Likes Given: 557

I had a bad taste about Fords since I was 16 and had my first Ford. The 70s and 80s were not great years for Ford.

They have probably improved, as a lot of my friends are very happy with their Ford trucks. One just bought a F150 quad cab on Monday. It was the last day of Truck Month for Ford. The model he picked was listed At close to $50k. After incentives he walked out with it at $29k.

Of course he was buying it because his 2006 had blown a spark plug out of the head for the second time (first time was #6 this time was #3). So I still don't know that I would have felt great about buying another Ford.

Old 04-04-2014, 01:20 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

I drive a 2011 Ford F-150 4 wheel drive Lariat Super Crew and I like it. It has the Ecoboost engine which is a 3.5 liter (213 CID) V6 with twin turbochargers that puts out 365 hp. They didn't want to hang any more stuff off the engine than they had to so the power steering doesn't use a hydraulic pump but is basically fly by wire. Fuel mileage is around 19 mpg. It has the short 5.5' bed.

NRA Endowdment Life Member.....F&AM
Curio and Relics License Holder (FFL 03)

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

Old 04-04-2014, 02:59 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1219 Times on 797 Posts
Likes Given: 788

i had a dodge ram 1500 plenty of power drives nice. no tranny issues but engine troubles, more than should of been i think. my friend drives a chevy. lots more power, about the same for driving nice.. both eat gas something fierce.. but the chevy is slightly worse. for gas mileage, and comfort i think ford, or toyota is the way to go. for power and ease of repair chevy. and for looks dodge..

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 04-04-2014, 03:11 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 990 Times on 653 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

GMC Trucks for me.