Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Talk about a long rough morning :(

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Talk about a long rough morning :(

Wow, I have been up for approx 30 hours now and still going at it like I have only been up for a few. I am winding down horridly now. We had bad storms with huge winds last week that was horrid. I have an apartment complex behind me but there is a privacy fence (mine) between us and them. There was a tree that blew over (on their side) and fell right on myyyyyyy privacy fence and onto one of our cars that was on a trailer. Thank goodness it wasn't one of our better cars and still needs work, NBD. I guess they REFUSEDDDD to take it down themselves so I finally got tired of it. The limb was still attached at the top so I climbed one of the bigger branches diagonally up the tree branch with a sawzall in hand (I know its not the safest but I was upset at this point) and started hacking away at some of the bigger branches that were preventing the huge branch to fall. After cutting 2 away, the section of the fence the branches were all on fell over so I was horridly panicking but the branches still stayed somewhat diagonally so I scaled downnnn the branch and walked onto their property and started hacking away at more of the branches. I then made sure to put all of the branches that I had cut, on their side of the fence and left them there. The big one never did fall but I made sure that it won't fall back on my fence hopefully. I then had to repair the section and a half of broken fence with old wood I had and I just bsed it so that it would stay up and not let anyone through. I now have lots and lots of blisters. One as big as a quarter (that will feel great after all my adrenaline goes away and I get rest) and plenty of small ones. I also have a bruise taking up half of my palm due to me one handing the sawzall in mid air trying desperately not to fall and desperately not to drop the thing. My hands are black from moving a bunch of stuff, trying to hold up the 100+ wooden fence while drilling and whatnot by myself, and climbing the tree itself. I am sure I am covered in ticks. I know I was all up in poison ivy but I hope that I washed it off with a cold shower. My hands are shaking so bad and hurt that I can barely text/type and I am just hurting in general from doing everything. Sooooo I just felt like venting even though most don't care. It just pisses me off how brainless and apathetic about the situation the people in the whole flippin complex are knowing that its on their side, they should clean it up, and they should have fixed my fence or payed for my time and effort I spent fixing it. Hopefully some of you all are having a better day.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-11-2012, 04:04 PM   #2

Liked 53 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Wow, dude all I can say is by comparison I'm having a great day! Hope you get some sleep. It would be asking too much for consideration or restitution for the fence. Hell they're probably paying a lawyer to figure out how not to pay you.

Keep up with the trends, avoid the fads, take your time and do work you can be proud of always

Old 07-11-2012, 04:15 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I figured since I was on their property and just left the branches, they were going to call the cops but I am glad that didn't happen. I don't really care about how long it took. I was just upset that they didn't have the decency to do it themselves or at least come out and help one person that was doing it all by themselves for like 2 hours? Who needs a to pay a lawyer when your uncle is a lawyer <3 lol. I am a little lucky with that one but whatever. I just know I will be hurting for a few days. Have a good day dude. I may get the chance to take a little nap though =P If I am lucky.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:10 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Well, i hope your day improves drastically.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:10 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Still awake. Some guy on my street bummed a ride up to the er because he said his girlfriend is out of town and he doesn't drive and he was feeling like his abdomen was going to explode so I said what the hell and did it. Then I was asked to give him a ride home by him. Then I was asked to install a new car stereo system and headunit in my brothers car. Still going. I have now just gotten to eat for the first time in the past 24 hours. I am starting to feel it pretty bad.