Tales From an Auto parts store. - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Tales From an Auto parts store.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 11:27 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4789 Times on 2317 Posts
Likes Given: 1479

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisko09 View Post
My wife does this on a regular basis...

Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to continue despite that fear.
My wife came home one winter day about 5 years ago. I was baffled because her windows were completely fogged like she'd just started it but I knew she had been on the road for at least 30 minutes?

Turns out she could not figure out how to turn on the heater because it did not have an on button! It was one of those "turn up the fan speed on switches"

To this day, everytime she does something silly the kids chime in with "Van Heater!"

Tack

Old 05-04-2012, 11:33 PM   #92
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 398 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 596

Modern marvels of mechanical engineering.....
I have a 2011 F250. It'll smooth slap the pavement silly with 400hp at 2600rpm. While that's great and fun in traffic, wait until the engine has one small hiccup. The cab has to come off. Yeah, cab, hood compartment, all of it. Just to change an injector, A/C orifice tube, waste gate actuator, anything that resides anywhere close to under the hood. 8 hours of shop labor and a guy that's done it a few times can make book time. That's before a single nut or bolt comes off of the engine. I doubt I'll ever have complaints about having to work on it because there is absolutely nothing I am qualified to do to it aside from put diesel and exhaust fluid in it.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #93
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJMercer View Post
Modern marvels of mechanical engineering.....
I have a 2011 F250. It'll smooth slap the pavement silly with 400hp at 2600rpm. While that's great and fun in traffic, wait until the engine has one small hiccup. The cab has to come off. Yeah, cab, hood compartment, all of it. Just to change an injector, A/C orifice tube, waste gate actuator, anything that resides anywhere close to under the hood. 8 hours of shop labor and a guy that's done it a few times can make book time. That's before a single nut or bolt comes off of the engine. I doubt I'll ever have complaints about having to work on it because there is absolutely nothing I am qualified to do to it aside from put diesel and exhaust fluid in it.
i think this was something that goes all the way back to the 2004 or 2005 models of the F250 and F350. several years ago, i took a friend of mine to pick up his truck at the Ford dealership for some warranty work, and they had a fairly new F350 with th cab off it, we asked what was being done that needed the cab to come off, and they were replacing the fuel supply and return lines, the same repair they ended up shortly afterwards doing to his F350!

Old 05-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #94

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

i think this was something that goes all the way back to the 2004 or 2005 models of the F250 and F350. several years ago, i took a friend of mine to pick up his truck at the Ford dealership for some warranty work, and they had a fairly new F350 with th cab off it, we asked what was being done that needed the cab to come off, and they were replacing the fuel supply and return lines, the same repair they ended up shortly afterwards doing to his F350!
I'm sure the salesman explained that to him when he bought it tho right? Just like the guy explained to me, when I bought my '06 Monte SS, that it had to go to the shop to have the battery changed out....oh wait....he DIDN'T tell me!!!

Stuff like this pisses me off. I had an '82 chevy SWB pickup my freshman year in college. One of the rocker arms somehow got "tweaked", and came off of the pushrod. Well, no surprise, the RA and PR had to be replaced. I did it after morning classes, in the parking lot, in less than an hour. By myself. 20 years later, I owned a car that had to go to the shop to have the batt changed. AWESOME.

Old 05-05-2012, 01:17 PM   #95

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

We have some ford work trucks like that. The high pressure fuel pump keeps going out on the one, a 08 F450 with the 6.4 powerstroke. Something about how they have to wrap the fuel lines around the motor makes it so the whole cab has to come off. Brilliant.

Old 05-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #96
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51 View Post
I'm sure the salesman explained that to him when he bought it tho right? Just like the guy explained to me, when I bought my '06 Monte SS, that it had to go to the shop to have the battery changed out....oh wait....he DIDN'T tell me!!!

Stuff like this pisses me off. I had an '82 chevy SWB pickup my freshman year in college. One of the rocker arms somehow got "tweaked", and came off of the pushrod. Well, no surprise, the RA and PR had to be replaced. I did it after morning classes, in the parking lot, in less than an hour. By myself. 20 years later, I owned a car that had to go to the shop to have the batt changed. AWESOME.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Model70 View Post
We have some ford work trucks like that. The high pressure fuel pump keeps going out on the one, a 08 F450 with the 6.4 powerstroke. Something about how they have to wrap the fuel lines around the motor makes it so the whole cab has to come off. Brilliant.
well the thing i think about is this, if you have to remove the entire cab to do repair work to the engine, think about all the potential problems that could occur from having to remove and disconnect all the items that need to be, just to remove the cab. steering components, braking components, electrical wiring harness's, heating and AC systems. yeah i'm sure if i was trying to sell these, i would probably forget that detail about them!