Tales From an Auto parts store.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Tales From an Auto parts store.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Default Tales From an Auto parts store.

So after a few weeks of part time work at a local auto parts store I thought I would share a few of my favorite customer stories.

1. Guy walks in and says, "my oil light came on but I don't have a dipstick on my CTS". I respond with, have you checked behind the wheel? He said, "why would it be there"?

2. A lady calls in and says. "my check oil light came on what does that mean"? I responded with, check your oil. She then says, "well I added three quarts about 2k miles ago why do I need to check it?" I asked, when was the last time you changed it? She replied, "you mean just adding oil isn't good enough, you have to change it"?

3. Man comes in and says, "my outlets don't work and I can't get the fuses out with my fingers". I walked out and showed him his fuse pulled sitting in the passenger seat attached to his fuse box cover.

I just don't know how some people seem to make it in life. As the old saying goes, common sense is not a common virtue.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #2

Liked 2373 Times on 1482 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113
So after a few weeks of part time work at a local auto parts store I thought I would share a few of my favorite customer stories.

1. Guy walks in and says, "my oil light came on but I don't have a dipstick on my CTS". I respond with, have you checked behind the wheel? He said, "why would it be there"?

2. A lady calls in and says. "my check oil light came on what does that mean"? I responded with, check your oil. She then says, "well I added three quarts about 2k miles ago why do I need to check it?" I asked, when was the last time you changed it? She replied, "you mean just adding oil isn't good enough, you have to change it"?

3. Man comes in and says, "my outlets don't work and I can't get the fuses out with my fingers". I walked out and showed him his fuse pulled sitting in the passenger seat attached to his fuse box cover.

I just don't know how some people seem to make it in life. As the old saying goes, common sense is not a common virtue.
I worked at an oreilly for a year or so. I understand this completely lol. Best one I can remember right now, fella asked for a set of sparkanators for a camero....

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:35 PM   #3

Liked 2388 Times on 1070 Posts
Likes Given: 2295

You guys should try being a mechanic for awhile. I had a customer bring his car to me saying his radio didn't work when I went to bring the car into the shop he had no brakes either but the radio was his priority.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:43 PM   #4

I worked in a Maintenance shop for the Marines for most of my career. We had a truck come in where the individual put cherry juice in for power steering fluid. I guess he thought since it was the same color it would be alright..lol

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:

Old 05-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
You guys should try being a mechanic for awhile. I had a customer bring his car to me saying his radio didn't work when I went to bring the car into the shop he had no brakes either but the radio was his priority.
Well if you gotta die at least go out with your favorite song on the radio

Member:

Old 05-03-2012, 01:47 PM   #6

Liked 2388 Times on 1070 Posts
Likes Given: 2295

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
I worked in a Maintenance shop for the Marines for most of my career. We had a truck come in where the individual put cherry juice in for power steering fluid. I guess he thought since it was the same color it would be alright..lol

That makes perfect sense.

Old 05-03-2012, 01:48 PM   #7

Liked 107 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113

I worked at advance auto for 3 years the best is probably a guy arguing with me because he swore his Ford diesel 7.3 had spark plugs and he needed to change them

Old 05-03-2012, 01:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by akers06 View Post
I worked at advance auto for 3 years the best is probably a guy arguing with me because he swore his Ford diesel 7.3 had spark plugs and he needed to change them
Well he had the plug part right...lol

Member:

Old 05-03-2012, 02:00 PM   #9

Liked 107 Times on 86 Posts

Yea just couldn't get it through his head that they had glow plugs which youdidnt have to change unless they went bad.....he argued with me for prolly a hour

Old 05-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by akers06 View Post
Yea just couldn't get it through his head that they had glow plugs which youdidnt have to change unless they went bad.....he argued with me for prolly a hour
I would have sold him some spark plugs and laughed when he brought them back, it would have saved you 40 or 50 minutes...lol

Member: