Taking Chance - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Taking Chance

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2009, 04:45 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
If you want to watch a man cry like a baby then make him watch this movie.

I agree that every american needs to see this movie. Kevin Bacon does the Marines very great justice. He plays the roll like true Marine. This movie is the best movie I have seen come off of HBO in a long darn time.
ALRIGHT! IT WASN'T ALLERGIES! I sobbed like a b***h.

I'm not a Bacon fan, but this is his finest role. I bought that he was a Marine.

And if our heros aren't treated this way, they f*****g well should be.

Old 03-16-2009, 02:40 AM   #12

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

Saw it the first day it came out.

Excellent.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:15 AM   #13
WDB

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubergopher View Post
WDB, sorry to hear how your brother was treated. I know this is little consolation, but I promise you from the second the remains arrive at Bagram or Baghdad to the second they leave the Port Mortuary at Dover they are treated as the true heros that they are.
Thanks Uber and I truly appreciate it and believe it is true. My nephew landed on the east coast by military transport and it was truly clear everyone involved understood he was more than cargo. After getting home was when he seemed to become cargo. At one airport durring transfer a young man was about to put a transfer sticker on my nephews casket. I stepped up and explained this is the body of a Marine, he had no idea and got on the radio and xpressed to his boss "there is a guy out here that is pissed I'm doing my job". A person who I assume was his boss came out to explain that sticker was needed to get the package off the plane before other baggage. I explained that wasn't a package and was a Marine who was kill in action and there would be no skickers placed on his casket. With out even blinking he told me if they didn't put the sticker on the package then it will be unloaded like the rest of the cargo. I told him that would be fine. To be fair when we landed for the next transfer the ground crew understood and took my nephew off the plane first and transported him to the next plane ahead of the baggage.

I truly hope this movie has an effect and makes those traveling on a plane and those that handle the remains of fallen solders think a bit. I had four transfers to bring my nephew home on two of the flights the pilot asked for all to remain seated while I left the plane, tow of the flights the pilot didn't even offer that consideration. Many didn't care after hearing the request and got up to get there carry on luggage and In both cases I was not the first to leave the plane as there was a stack up at the door with people with a busy schedule or a plane to catch and little respect.

Old 03-17-2009, 04:37 AM   #14

I just added HBO in hopes that they air again. I try to thank all service men and women when I see them, dont always get the job done. When I go someplace to eat, if there is someone there in uniform I do buy their meal. I really hope I get to see this the trailer was great, and from what I saw of it, I agree with the post earlier, all fallen service men and women should be given the respect they are due, real life should be like this show.

If we dont stand together we dont stand a chance. unknown

One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils of the world are to be cured by legislation. Thomas Reed

Old 03-17-2009, 06:39 AM   #15
WDB

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by laynejc View Post
I just added HBO in hopes that they air again. I try to thank all service men and women when I see them, dont always get the job done. When I go someplace to eat, if there is someone there in uniform I do buy their meal. I really hope I get to see this the trailer was great, and from what I saw of it, I agree with the post earlier, all fallen service men and women should be given the respect they are due, real life should be like this show.
Laynejc,
I expect HBO will replay the movie often and with luck it will come out on DVD and on standard TV in time as it has a strong message for everyone. It's hard to express how much it means to a solder in uniform to have someone come up and thank them. I can tell you personally it has only happened a few times to me and it was truly the best. My son recently deployed for his 4th tour in the sand and called me from Texas to tell me someone bought him lunch at the airport. He he was so surprised and called to tell me me about the experience. The guy didn't say much just "this is on me, thank you" and walked away. Might not seem like a lot but it was special to my son and something he had to share with me. You don't have to buy that person in uniform lunch but a hand shake, a thank you or a smile goes a long way.

Laynejc, I want to thank you for making those in uniform feel a little better, it's hard to express just how much it means. You are the exception that should be the rule.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:17 AM   #16

Liked 43 Times on 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
ALRIGHT! IT WASN'T ALLERGIES! I sobbed like a b***h.

I'm not a Bacon fan, but this is his finest role. I bought that he was a Marine.

And if our heros aren't treated this way, they f*****g well should be.
I didn't cry not once. (But, I watched it alone and after the kids went to bed and wife was at work).

Old 03-18-2009, 07:21 AM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I was also impressed with this film, and would recommend it to everyone.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill