Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Takers: Movie Review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2011, 11:53 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default Takers: Movie Review

On PPV this month, don't know if anyone has caught it yet, but I put it on today in light of anything else.

First off, if you liked HEAT, you will like this movie. Except it's pretty much a cultural & social reversal.

While De Niro's crew were all a bunch of live fast, blow it before you steal it white losers ( with Danny Trejo ) this is the story of a mostly black crew of highly successful "club" owners and entrepreneurs, with Paul Walker and that kid from Jumper, who have investments all over the globe from their "scores".

You liked HEAT because of the gun battle in the streets? Well this movie has a pretty good gun battle in the upper floor of one expensive ass hotel. They shoot that place to shi*ite.

In addition, it has the greatest foot chase / urban ninja / bad guy running from two cops scene on film short of anything in the original Ong Bak. The kid who does all the "ninja" work, and there are a lot of close ups and profiles, is really damn athletic. I was tired and sore watching him.

Weapons are good, the characters use of them is good, pretty well rehearsed with only a few "stupid" or muzzling of another character screw ups.

It's not great, but it's a pretty decent time killer for 1:45 on a rainy afternoon.

I am going with Recommended, bordering on Highly Recommended.

Anyone else?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-07-2011, 11:57 PM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

It was OK. I liked Town better.

I also saw a very different movie called Buried. The whole hour twenty is of a guy a that comes to in a coffin. Worth seeing.

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 02-08-2011, 12:03 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr View Post
I liked Town better.
I thought The Town was good as well, but Affleck? Just not my idea of an action star. Some of the people involved with The Town were also involved with The Departed, which was a much better movie than either of these.

Buried? Is that with Ryan Reynolds??

Old 02-08-2011, 12:18 AM   #4

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
I thought The Town was good as well, but Affleck?
I agree, I loved the movie, and Affleck did a good job in it in spite of my mental perception of him as an actor.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:28 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post

Buried? Is that with Ryan Reynolds??
Yes it is.

Do you guys have Red Box up there? Buck a movie if you watch the same day. I've been seeing everything they have.

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 02-08-2011, 12:42 AM   #6

We have them, but they are never in a place that is convenient for pick up and drop back off.

I have been doing PPV and Netflix/Amazon instant view.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:24 AM   #7

Try checking online. I found a couple on my way to work. And you can drop off at a different box so it really is fast.

$1 DVD Movie Rentals | Rent New Movies on Blu-ray™ and DVD and Rent Games | Find a Kiosk | Rent at Redbox

Old 02-08-2011, 05:09 AM   #8

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

I saw the previews and for whatever reason Epic Suckage popped into my head. Might have to give this one a looksee.

Thanks

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD