Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Takers: Movie Review (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/takers-movie-review-38111/)

Dillinger 02-07-2011 11:53 PM

Takers: Movie Review

On PPV this month, don't know if anyone has caught it yet, but I put it on today in light of anything else.

First off, if you liked HEAT, you will like this movie. Except it's pretty much a cultural & social reversal.

While De Niro's crew were all a bunch of live fast, blow it before you steal it white losers ( with Danny Trejo ) this is the story of a mostly black crew of highly successful "club" owners and entrepreneurs, with Paul Walker and that kid from Jumper, who have investments all over the globe from their "scores".

You liked HEAT because of the gun battle in the streets? Well this movie has a pretty good gun battle in the upper floor of one expensive ass hotel. They shoot that place to shi*ite. :eek:

In addition, it has the greatest foot chase / urban ninja / bad guy running from two cops scene on film short of anything in the original Ong Bak. The kid who does all the "ninja" work, and there are a lot of close ups and profiles, is really damn athletic. I was tired and sore watching him.

Weapons are good, the characters use of them is good, pretty well rehearsed with only a few "stupid" or muzzling of another character screw ups.

It's not great, but it's a pretty decent time killer for 1:45 on a rainy afternoon.

I am going with Recommended, bordering on Highly Recommended.

Anyone else?

Jo da Plumbr 02-07-2011 11:57 PM

It was OK. I liked Town better.

I also saw a very different movie called Buried. The whole hour twenty is of a guy a that comes to in a coffin. Worth seeing.

Dillinger 02-08-2011 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr (Post 439551)
I liked Town better.

I thought The Town was good as well, but Affleck? Just not my idea of an action star. Some of the people involved with The Town were also involved with The Departed, which was a much better movie than either of these.

Buried? Is that with Ryan Reynolds??

lonyaeger 02-08-2011 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 439561)
I thought The Town was good as well, but Affleck?

I agree, I loved the movie, and Affleck did a good job in it in spite of my mental perception of him as an actor.

Jo da Plumbr 02-08-2011 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 439561)

Buried? Is that with Ryan Reynolds??

Yes it is.

Do you guys have Red Box up there? Buck a movie if you watch the same day. I've been seeing everything they have.

Dillinger 02-08-2011 12:42 AM

We have them, but they are never in a place that is convenient for pick up and drop back off.

I have been doing PPV and Netflix/Amazon instant view.

Jo da Plumbr 02-08-2011 01:24 AM

Try checking online. I found a couple on my way to work. And you can drop off at a different box so it really is fast.

$1 DVD Movie Rentals | Rent New Movies on Blu-ray™ and DVD and Rent Games | Find a Kiosk | Rent at Redbox

dog2000tj 02-08-2011 05:09 AM

I saw the previews and for whatever reason Epic Suckage popped into my head. Might have to give this one a looksee.