Taken A Job With TSA - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Taken A Job With TSA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2013, 06:37 PM   #11
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7194 Times on 4329 Posts
Likes Given: 8772

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
Since medical people recently have been advised to ask if there are any weapons in the home on medical forms.
Why do they ask that question? I haven't been to see a doctor recently but I will be going in the next three months or so. I don't understand what our gun ownership has to do with our medical health. Though I must say owning firearms has improved my mental health.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:18 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2876 Times on 1432 Posts
Likes Given: 303

Give it time.
At some point firearms ownership will be considered a disorder or deviant behavior. Or at the very least, some sort of household hazard...like smoking.

NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Old 03-31-2013, 08:11 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 881 Times on 533 Posts
Likes Given: 199

I had to check the box no last week...

"Is there a firearm in your home?"

Old 03-31-2013, 09:17 PM   #14

Liked 467 Times on 259 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

a couple of months ago i had to go to a walk-in clinic to get some relief for a stomach virus and couldn't get into see my regular doctor for a few days. well the nurse asked this question of me as well. i was kind of taken aback at first at the mentioning of such a thing. really shocked is more accurate. first i asked what that had to do with helping me with my stomach virus and she replied they were required to ask thes questions now. i looked at her and asked her, " how much money do you have in your checking account?" she looked at me as if i had asked her if she was hooker! the look was priceless! she said, " well that's really none of your business!" i said to her, " well if or how many firearms i have in my home, is none of your business either"

the doctor came in later and asked me why i had declined to answer the question. i asked him the same question as i had the nurse. he kind of got all huffy and upset with me. i informed him my ailment had nothing to do with them knowing whether i owned or how many firearms i owned.

this is even happening in smaller towns from what i am seeing. we were discussing it at work a few days later and it was not an isolated event. several others had had the same questions asked of them as well at the doctors office. hmmmmm.........
About a year ago I took my son to the doctor for a before school check up, doc comes in and gives him a look over checks the eyes, ears and so on. He then starts asking the normal health questions, and without skipping a beat he asks if there are guns in the house? I ask him what that has to do with health care?? He said as doctor he is responsible for the health and well being of his patients, and guns in the home could be considered a health risk. I laughed and told him that if there were guns in the house they would pose no more health risk to my son than the 2 five gallon gas cans in my garage. I then asked him why he didn't ask about any flammable liquids in the home or if there was any asbestos in the home?? He just looked at me blankly.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:53 PM   #15
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 961 Times on 574 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I haven't been to a doctor in a couple of years, but the last time I was there they asked me if " I felt safe in my home" I simply said yes and did not mention that I have several firearms and a backhoe, and it would be an intruder who should not feel safe.

My brother is a doctor, I think I will shoot him an email and ask about this question.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:28 AM   #16
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7194 Times on 4329 Posts
Likes Given: 8772

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post
I haven't been to a doctor in a couple of years, but the last time I was there they asked me if " I felt safe in my home" I simply said yes and did not mention that I have several firearms and a backhoe, and it would be an intruder who should not feel safe.
I believe this is a domestic violence question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post
My brother is a doctor, I think I will shoot him an email and ask about this question.
Pun intended?

Old 04-01-2013, 12:45 AM   #17
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2570 Times on 1256 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Winds,

It is a focus and deceptive program trying to be implemented by the Government through the Federal Center of Disease Control. For what ever in the H they should be involved in information involving our Second Amendment. They would like to mask it under the pretense of domestic violence and other purposes. I could see it if we have a person living in our household who is there for mental illness issues. Maybe to assure the patient did not have access to the weapons like in the Sandy Hook incident! But as the Nurse friend of mine stated, most of the medical health people think it is for other purposes. What a better way to collect the information as to the location of weapons in the public. Moral of the story one can answer it with "I choose not to answer it because it is a Constitutional violation of my privacy!" That is what they advised. But Damn I liked the "Well how much money do you have in your purse or wallet!" I can only imagine the look and reaction! That was "Absolutely GREAT"!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Sniper03; 04-01-2013 at 12:48 AM.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-01-2013, 12:46 AM   #18
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 961 Times on 574 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

Pun intended?
Well sorta!!! Truth is I didn't see the pun till it was in front of me on the screen, then I intended it.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:47 AM   #19
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3318 Times on 1842 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

I believe that's probably right. I was asked something similar to that once when I had a few large bruises from a motorcycle accident.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:44 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 881 Times on 533 Posts
Likes Given: 199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
I believe that's probably right. I was asked something similar to that once when I had a few large bruises from a motorcycle accident.
I shot a nail into my hand with a framing nail gun. Wife drove me, and she's wearing shorts with the bruise the size of her entire thigh from a water skiing fall.

Medical staff kept us separated for awhile... Didn't dawn on either one of us what was going on until we shared the questions we were getting asked... We still laugh about it