Take care of your IT guy... - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Take care of your IT guy...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2009, 12:45 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 85 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 5

It is very much a cubical environment and I hate ever second of it but my wife has this thing abotu eating 3 times a day so I'm stuck here until something better comes along. I've been here almost 3 months and I'm already disgruntled...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 05-11-2009, 01:04 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
I wish anyone here was even remotly supportive of firearms, the 2A, or military, all of which I'm a strong supporter of. I found out they don't pay reservists for their time away from work while on duty. My old company at least made sure I made equal to what I made with them.
I feel your pain! This is why I am now self-employed. I spent 20 years in IT and my last 10 at a large teaching Hospital in Ct. Talk about anti-gun! Luckily the Tech Support Mrg. and I were into shooting, so I had a friend out of the 1500 employee's. Unfortunately when this became known, comments began to fly and a memo was posted warning employee's that guns were not allowed on Hospital property, including the parking lot. I put up a poster in my office that basically marked the end of my career. The poster was put out by JPFO and showed a sketch of Hitler with his right arm raised. The caption read "All those in favor of Gun Control, raise your right hand". The IT Director passing by my office (which was located in the Data Center behind a card-key locked door, noticed the poster and ripped it down. The next morning when I inquired of the Computer Operators who was in my office and what happened to my poster, I was told the Director took it down. When I confronted him he chewed me out for having an anti-Semitic poster in plain view. You should have seen his face when I told him to read the fine print at the bottom which read JPFO - Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership! In an effort to "save face" he gave it back and said not to leave it in view because "it's not appropriate". I left 2 months later, in the middle of a systems upgrade which included a 3 day outage and installation of a new IBM Mainframe. I was the Data Center manager and it was my job to schedule the coverage and file maintenance for the install. Fu%K em!
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Last edited by RL357Mag; 05-11-2009 at 01:41 PM.