Tacti-cool -- not. - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Tacti-cool -- not.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Now cargo pants.

Maybe not tacti-cool, but very practi-cool.
But considered the low point of fashion by many.

Still, they look better on a tall bearded man with a paunch than a purse does!
Old 07-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #72
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2092 Times on 1137 Posts
Likes Given: 755

I'm about as far from tacti-cool as you can get and still own an AR rifle. The only piece of camo I bought was an old desert boonie hat from when I was in AFROTC many moons ago. It might still be in my closet, although I haven't seen it in ages.

The only lock blade knives I own are pretty ones in my collection table... and that's only a couple. All I carry are small Swiss Army knives with pens and lights on them. And the toughest job I do with them is open the mail, trim my finger nails, and help little kids release their Christmas and birthday presents from overly complicated packaging.

My normal attire is cargo shorts, sandals, and large print shirts. I'm still a Floridian at heart.

I don't own a Glock. The only "black" pistol I own now is a S&W BG 380... hardly tacti-cool.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 07-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #73

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

Interesting thread . I wear slacks/ jeans and a collar or polo every day at work . When I get home its shorts or jeans and a t shirt . Camo ? yup own a bunch of it but I bow hunt 4 months out of the year . I ocassionally wear a camo hat but thats about it for urban gear . Wear what u like thats why we live in the USA, we have the right to wear what ever we like and if someone else doesnt like it Fem. Dont judge people by their daily gear you might be surprised by your poor judgement . ARs and tacticool guns ? Its just another gun imho no matter what color it is or what it looks like

screenshot_2013-07-21-09-21-20-1.jpg  

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Last edited by purehavoc; 07-21-2013 at 02:29 PM.
People Like This 
Old 07-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #74

Liked 333 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpossum View Post

What's your costume?
that reminds me of a story. most people I went to high school with were normal t-shirt & jeans guys & looked at me funny because I liked motorcycles & had no desire to own a snowmobile, very much unlike them. well as the years passed & i'd run into some of them from time to time, and all of a sudden they loved motorcycles & all went out & bought Harley's, grew beards, wore leather head to toe, & adopted a gruff gravelley voice that they never used to have.

a couple years ago i'm walking into a gas station to pay & 2 bikers are walking out, I walk by them & hear one say "Ryan!" I turn to see that one of the bikers is a guy I went to high school with, almost didn't recognize him because of the beard & leather head to toe. we start chatting & catching up & I say to him "yeah I didn't recognize you in your costume." His buddy begins to laugh but high school friend gives me a cold "you a**hole" look.

to answer your original question, i'm not real into the tacticool stuff either, I don't own an AR-15 & don't have much of a desire to either. I will fess up that I may have tacticooled my old sporterized enfield a bit, painted what was left of the wood black & put on a pistol grip, non-collapsible stock

you will catch me wearing my heavier leather motorcycle jacket when i'm not on my bike. it's more like the old sport style black leather jackets then the traditional "Harley" jackets. with a sweatshirt underneath it, it's good for all but the coldest sub zero days up here.

All I've had today is like 6 gummi bears & some scotch

Old 07-21-2013, 02:38 PM   #75

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts

Do orange, white and black Zuba's with a Whitesnake concert t equal tacti cool?

Old 07-21-2013, 03:27 PM   #76

Liked 205 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

Quote:
PS: I work out 6-9 times a week.
Please don't take this the wrong way, but I think it is great to be in good shape. But that will get you killed, I know. 18 years ago at age 52 I had three heart attacks and a triple bypass, if I had been in good shape, I would have been dead at that time. It was a cloistral problem with 3 arteries blocked. The funny thing is that if I was in better shape like you, I would not have survived the heart attacks. It is important to eat the right foods not just to workout. I have had a lot of friends that have died in their 30's so it can hit you at any time no matter what shape you are in. At 70 years of age, after the heart attacks, cancer surgery, going blind and having my eyesight restored, age onset diabetes, diverticulitis and other aches and pains, I can still hunt, stalk and shoot. (and I am a crack shot)

Sorry TX for the high jack, but back to topic, yes I have a ton of cameo, the hunting type not the tactical-cool type. Just not enough opportunity to wear it.

Stay safe and eat right.
Jim

Old 07-21-2013, 04:21 PM   #77
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 659 Times on 308 Posts
Likes Given: 380

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpossum View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speak for yourself here brother. Down here people look at you funny if you dont at least wear camo sometimes.

Yep. I've seen people here in rural PA (and, I'm sure in rural Texas too) wear cammo to social functions. I'm not sure what they're supposed to be hiding from.
I have a pair of camo boxer shorts. Sometimes at night in camp, when I’m changing out of wet clothes someone will comment “Look! ellis got his camo on. We can’t see his a**!
Old 07-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #78

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I have several pairs of cammo jockeys.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:42 PM   #79

Liked 451 Times on 251 Posts

What if you own a Glock or two, and a couple of Ar's, and you transport them to the range in a pelican case????

Old 07-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #80

Liked 300 Times on 164 Posts
Likes Given: 88

I love AR's, not a fan of Glocks, own a tupperware M&P gun. I am wearing my tacticool pants as I type this. I normally wear them at gun classes (lots of pockets for mags and such), would be good for camping and such. Only wearing them now because it is laundry day.

I wear cammo every once in a while, but mainly just if I am hunting. Normally wear jeans and a polo or t-shirt. Unless someone sees me going to the range (or checking in at a hotel) they would not see me as a gun owner. I stay away from the 'shoot me first clothing'.

I prefer to blend in, not stand out.