Tacti-cool -- not. - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Tacti-cool -- not.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 28 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

No one would ever peg me for a cop just by looking at me, I'm a jeans and t-shirt kinda guy, I ride my motorcycle most days (when Cleveland weather cooperates) and I don't have a buzz cut or high and tight. I don't wear military style boots or own any 5.11 civvie gear. I definitely don't own one of those "photographer" style vests that just scream "look at me! I've got a gun under here!"

I don't use words/phrases like "piece of kit," "tactical", or the like. I have no indicators of LE or 2A affiliations on my vehicles or civvie clothes.

My guns? Well, those that know me know I'm a gun guy... Some would say a gun nut, but that's only based on the undisclosed number of firearms I own.

I own several Glocks and ARs, so if that makes me tacti-cool I guess I'm guilty. I'm usually carrying a Glock of some sort, along with a benchmade auto folder, but these are things that aren't seen by the general public.

Gun stores: Where the morbidly obese can pretend to be mercenaries, allude to past experiences in Special Ops, and overuse words like "tactical" and "piece of kit".
People Like This 
Old 07-20-2013, 03:09 PM   #22

Liked 1148 Times on 594 Posts
Likes Given: 49

No one would ever peg me for a cop just by looking at me, I'm a jeans and t-shirt kinda guy, I ride my motorcycle most days (when Cleveland weather cooperates) and I don't have a buzz cut or high and tight. I don't wear military style boots or own any 5.11 civvie gear. I definitely don't own one of those "photographer" style vests that just scream "look at me! I've got a gun under here!"

I don't use words/phrases like "piece of kit," "tactical", or the like. I have no indicators of LE or 2A affiliations on my vehicles or civvie clothes.

Yep, the "gray man" gets by unnoticed. Although you ought to go to a more non-military type of handgun, like a 1911.

(I'm joking, I'm joking)
People Like This 
Old 07-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #23
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i do own an AR, but it's pretty much just like it was when it came from the factory and the reason i own an AR is because i still enjoy shooting them and the 2nd amendment says i can own it. the bulk of my rifle collection are bolt actions. i own no camo clothing, no tactical boots or gloves. i wear jeans and work boots pretty much year round and during the week and around the house, my work shirts. i do have some camo on a few gun stocks and on the rocker panels of my truck, but think for camo, it should be used just like chrome to compliment not overpower!
People Like This 
Old 07-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #24

Liked 28 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpossum

Yep, the "gray man" gets by unnoticed. Although you ought to go to a more non-military type of handgun, like a 1911.

(I'm joking, I'm joking)
I've got 2 1911s but I just don't carry them. They're more for the collection than anything else. One was passed down from my dad and the other is a safe queen.

But if I do start carrying one it'll be in a thigh rig, with an M9 in shoulder holster and a KaBar in my boot.

Gun stores: Where the morbidly obese can pretend to be mercenaries, allude to past experiences in Special Ops, and overuse words like "tactical" and "piece of kit".

Old 07-20-2013, 03:24 PM   #25

But if I do start carrying one it'll be in a thigh rig, with an M9 in shoulder holster and a KaBar in my boot.

When it comes to holsters, I'm a Galco fan.

Old 07-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1057 Times on 568 Posts

I typically wear jeans and tee shirts with converse and a ball cap, winter I add a hoodie and maybe and snowboard jacket. I think you would call it urban ninja, nobody would ever give me a second glance.

Old 07-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #27

I also do not own a hoodie. I have sweatshirts; I have jackets; I even admit to owning but rarely wearing sweaters. But around here the hoodie seems to have a mystical attraction for people. Is it raining? Wear a hoodie, never mind that it's just cotton and not water resistant. Is it snowing? Wear a hoodie. Is it really, really cold? Wear two hoodies. Going hunting? Wear a cammo hoodie. Going to church -- wear the same cammo hoodie.

Everyone should know that the jean jacket is the perfect cool weather item.
racer_x Likes This 
Old 07-20-2013, 04:19 PM   #28
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

I have an AR, I made it to what I wanted, but I would not call it tactical. There's no laser, no light, no can opener, nothing. It has a simple carry handle sight and Magpul furniture. I like it like that. That's why I built it like that (the KISS method. Keep It Simple Stupid). It's also sitting next to my Mosin.

Funny thing is, most of my guns are older than me, and I don't see that changing. I have a love of old milsurps and C&R guns. I'm still going to enjoy modern guns too though. I'll probably always have an AR, I'd like to get a Mini 14 and an AK, and I'll probably want whatever comes along after the AR.

I wear pearl snap shirts, blue jeans, and cowboy boots.

I'm not anyone you would confuse with paramilitary/LEOs. I have not drank the tacticool Kool-Aid.
People Like This 
Old 07-20-2013, 04:28 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1788 Times on 1171 Posts
Likes Given: 1553

I tend to wear khaki, OD or black civilian version cargo pants and shorts (those colors just seem to go well with other clothing and I like pockets ), usually with a bright colored t-shirt like most of the people in my area, I do wear my U.S.S. Holland AS-32 hat just to see if there might be any old shipmates around. Sometimes I wear a watch but not right now as the battery is dead. .

Don't own an AR, I do own a Mini-14 bought it just after I got out of the Navy in 1982.
“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Last edited by DFlynt; 07-20-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Old 07-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #30

Liked 284 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 1249

all but summer is boots an carpenter jeans an t-shirts Ive got some ties and sport jackets slacks
summer is shorts a lot of tanktops and sneakers

camo I have a lot of I also hunt a lot
still don't own a ar but I did buy an sr22 I dislike plastic frame guns or at least the ones ive held. Wood and steal is my love
cammo weddings seems to be the thing around here these days cant wrap my brain around it but each there own