Tacti-cool -- not. - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Tacti-cool -- not.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2013, 03:11 AM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 304 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL View Post
Me: Hi, I'm KG and I wear cammo. It's been 0 days since I last wore cammo.

All: Hi KG
How the heck can you see it if you wear it?
Old 07-23-2013, 03:24 AM   #92

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
I love how everyone is admitting to owning cammo clothing but trying to justify it. "But in MY case its ok because...."

Just joshin y'all, I don't care about cammo.

Me, personally? I hate wearing it. But being in the military and wearing it day in, day out, has made me jaded against tactical sh*t. The only cammo gear I own is for the military. I haven't bought a single piece that isn't for use in uniform.
I don't know if it's justifying it but it is the Ky state flag...I think
It's kind of funny really. I hadn't looked at most camo as tacti-cool. It's just...there....

Can camo cargo shorts be tacti-cool? I guess, but all those pockets do come in handy
Now I"m off to get into my gear and load up a few Glocks, and several of those magazine clips with exploding hollow points. I need to go to the store to get my wife tampons..Has anyone seen my aviator shades? Those lights in the 7-11 are bright.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 07-23-2013, 03:31 AM   #93

Liked 304 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
I don't know if it's justifying it but it is the Ky state flag...I think
It's kind of funny really. I hadn't looked at most camo as tacti-cool. It's just...there....

Can camo cargo shorts be tacti-cool? I guess, but all those pockets do come in handy
Now I"m off to get into my gear and load up a few Glocks, and several of those magazine clips with exploding hollow points. I need to go to the store to get my wife tampons..Has anyone seen my aviator shades? Those lights in the 7-11 are bright.
Sir, you really should wait for backup. Perhaps a friend with an AR at least.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:43 AM   #94

Liked 336 Times on 188 Posts

Jeans and button up shirts, untucked, sleeves rolled up. That's me. No camo at all. No military clothes. Nothing 'cowboy'. Nothing hip-hop. No 'shoot me first' vests. I don't hunt. No MMA shirts (although I'm a Jiu-Jitsu student). No Harley stuff, skulls, or tats everywhere. I'm so plain you'd never notice me, but I've got the Sig or Steyr in an OWB holster and a Spyderco in the pocket. Also a spare mag. I've got an AR and AK but shoot more skeet than anything. I do kind of advertise that. I think it's cool and want more people to take it up. Shotguns and clays are awesome.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:44 AM   #95

Liked 314 Times on 209 Posts
Likes Given: 27

My costume???

Ratty worn out jeans, tie dye or grateful dead tee shirts, goofy paisley doo rag and Red Wing leather boots. My rifles are kind of crazy colored as well.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:55 AM   #96
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1011 Times on 602 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy36 View Post
Jeans and button up shirts, untucked, sleeves rolled up. That's me. No camo at all. No military clothes. Nothing 'cowboy'. Nothing hip-hop. No 'shoot me first' vests. I don't hunt. No MMA shirts (although I'm a Jiu-Jitsu student). No Harley stuff, skulls, or tats everywhere. I'm so plain you'd never notice me, but I've got the Sig or Steyr in an OWB holster and a Spyderco in the pocket. Also a spare mag. I've got an AR and AK but shoot more skeet than anything. I do kind of advertise that. I think it's cool and want more people to take it up. Shotguns and clays are awesome.
Pretty much the same here, jeans button or polo shirt mine are tucked in though the nuns sorta beat that into me, well not really sorta they DID beat that into me lol. My version of camo is to blend in to my surroundings, since I rarely go into the woods I try to go unnoticed where I am at. I will even put on a suit and tie if the situation calls for it. Usually when somebody is getting " hatched, matched, or dispatched" as my dad used to say.

I haven't shot much skeet but have shot a lot of trap over the years. Before I was married I shot 2-3 times a week.

Old 07-23-2013, 05:20 AM   #97
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8501 Times on 4919 Posts
Likes Given: 11053

I wear earth tones for the most part. Have a couple of pairs of old woodland camo surplus pants that I got for free. They are really handy because they have lots of pockets. Usually wear them working around the property or out in the boonies. Sometimes you run across a pot grow site and it is a good idea to blend in (and carry). Don't tend to wear it much in town though. I do have an AR and a few Glocks, but the majority of my collection is in revolvers (handguns) and wood with blued steel for rifles, many of which are older than I am. I am known to be a gun enthusiast but I don't think many people would consider me to be a "nut". Though the Sheriff's deputies have told me that they will be passing by my place if they are ever ordered to confiscate firearms. They said they weren't up for that kind of discussion. Of course this was right after they said that they knew where to go for backup in my neighborhood and I replied by telling them it depends on what they were here for.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.