The T.U.F. Thread
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The T.U.F. Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2010, 02:30 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Default The T.U.F. Thread

T.U.F. as in The Ultimate Fighter.

Who thinks this season looks like it has promise to me. These guys came to bang and they came in to this in great shape.

I think EVEN though I HATE Tito Ortiz he is one of the best coaches the show has ever had on it. He is a much better coach then he is a fighter. I like how he showed the kid how he got caught and how to get out of it the next time. He told him it was a mistake and they happen you need to lean from it so it doesn't happen again.

Not sure what chuck was thinking when he made his picks. He done picked the midget Brigade. Maybe he watched Lord of the Rings one too many times. We will see he won the first fight but the kid he picked from Tito's team was injured.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-09-2010, 02:45 AM   #2

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Chuck picked guys on records and fight experience. Tito picked his team based on potential and hidden skills. Chuck has the pick of match-ups, so if he works it right, he has the advantage.

Tango, you are 100% correct about Tito's coaching. He really seems to be in it to teach and coach. Chuck just seems to be bothered.

I am gonna stay tuned.

I will add that so what if a guy has a 15-2 record; if he was actually good, the UFC/WEC would have noticed him before now if he had real talent or been fighting in the right places.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Last edited by skullcrusher; 04-09-2010 at 02:48 AM.

Old 04-09-2010, 03:45 AM   #3

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

One of my college buddies is on that show. Joe "King Leonidas" Henle. Joe's a great guy, but definitely someone I wouldn't want to **** with!

Leonidas MMA -- The official site of Joseph Henle, professional mixed martial arts fighter

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 04-09-2010, 03:48 AM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

The whole Tito-Shamrock season made me respect Tito. As much as I wanted to hate him, he was there to coach, Shamrock was there because he needed to be for the fight.

The afro-kicking guy is the winner for the season.

Old 04-09-2010, 04:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
The whole Tito-Shamrock season made me respect Tito. As much as I wanted to hate him, he was there to coach, Shamrock was there because he needed to be for the fight.

The afro-kicking guy is the winner for the season.
I agree, but Tito is still an arse. I had to watch some of the Oprah while getting a hair cut when she had Jenna on. Oh, effin boo hoo. Tito is the same. Ken is and was always was a douche..."Thanks, Tito. It's business, right?"

The guy with the big hair has some talent, but he might get choked out by his own do. Just sayin...

From C3Shooter:

Quote:

Old 04-09-2010, 04:17 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs887 View Post
One of my college buddies is on that show. Joe "King Leonidas" Henle. Joe's a great guy, but definitely someone I wouldn't want to **** with!

Leonidas MMA -- The official site of Joseph Henle, professional mixed martial arts fighter
See, now I have someone to root for. Good stuff, gregs!

From C3Shooter:

Quote:

Old 04-09-2010, 06:04 AM   #7

Default tito

never cared for tito as a person much... but watching how much he actually cared for and taught the fighters in his first season changed my perspective a lot..... he is a talented coach.

he pulls a knife, you pull a gun

Old 04-09-2010, 07:18 AM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs887 View Post

Better than last season. These guys seemed to have showed up in shape atleast.

I'll be watching your guy. He was getting beaten pretty good before he pulled off that armbar and that's all it takes.

What was the deal with the guy that just quit?? That was weird.

Last edited by Gojubrian; 04-09-2010 at 07:23 AM.

Old 04-09-2010, 03:02 PM   #9

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Sweet. A whole thread just for discussion of the show.

Okay, Tito will ALWAYS be a better coach than a fighter. He just doesn't have the gifts, or isn't willing to develop the striking skills, to be more of a complete fighter.

Tito has a lot of good knowledge about the sport, he caught Machida in a triangle for God's sake, but his real skillset will be that in the future, combined with high altitude training facility, that his camp will produce great level "B" fighters.

Chuck's fighting preparation is the same thing. His training with ATT is a step forward, but his overall unwillingness to get away from The Pit style of fight training is going to forever be the reason he will be less than "elite" at this evolution of the sport.

I think Chuck has a good strategy and he did pick guys based on what he saw in their fights. That said, he was smart enough to take a Greg Jackson fighter with his first pick.

Tito has guys with reach, and guys with a lot of ability, but just like the guy with the green hair, having a lot of ability doesn't do you a damn bit of good if you don't listen and don't know how to get out of a bad situation.

I like this season so far. I like the fighters and I love Chuck and all his little jabs at Tito, because it's fun to hate on Tito. As the season goes along, I have no doubt that Tito's team will pull out some wins, maybe more than Chuck, but Tito will get his shots in on Chuck and it will make for good TV.

I will definitely be rooting for Leonidas, which is awesome because when I saw him in the first fight I said "He looks like he has watched 300 a few times" LOL

Old 04-09-2010, 08:41 PM   #10

Default leonidas

i thought he looked like a mini arlovski!

he pulls a knife, you pull a gun