Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > T/C Closing Down ????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2010, 02:31 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default T/C Closing Down ????

I just got this info from a former employee of T/C in Rochester NH that the Custom Shop has been closed for a few weeks now and Fox Ridge Outfitters will be closing by the end of the year. Where over 500 people once worked, there's only about 100 left, mostly in the foundary and working on non-gun projects. It looks like the entire T/C line will be going away soon. Contenders, Encores, Muzzleloaders etc. It's possible that S&W will keep the ICON rifles, but rebrand them as S&W's and move production to somewhere else.

Has anyone else heard any info about the future of T/C ?

I'm a big fan of their products and I'd hate to see them go away.

"Stupidity is the most plentiful element in the universe"
.................................................. .....Frank Zappa

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-24-2010, 04:49 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

I heard that S&W bought T/C mostly because they wanted the barrel making facility. T/C barrels were made in house and extremely high quality.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."