Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The Sweat Pledge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2013, 03:20 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 129 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 263

There is no logic in this Mister McCool.

You have to LIVE, DIE, and PAY TAXES, and pay for what you do between your LIVING and your DYING!

People Like This 
Old 10-29-2013, 03:21 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6042 Times on 3311 Posts
Likes Given: 11558

Quote:
Originally Posted by artbrownsr
There is no logic in this Mister McCool.
That is the simple answer.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:29 AM   #23

Liked 129 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 263

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
That is the simple answer.
It is the answer I've lived/worked with for 50 years!

You have to LIVE, DIE, and PAY TAXES, and pay for what you do between your LIVING and your DYING!

MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 10-30-2013, 12:56 AM   #24
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1490 Times on 913 Posts
Likes Given: 7349

I have a minor problem with #11. It should read " I will not resent the success of others, but only if it was not handed to them due to who they are related to or due to the government's "Equal Opportunity" laws." If they earned it, they will have my respect. Respect is earned, not given.

As far as dirty jobs go, I have worked as a

maintenance man at a fish market (Read paid slave\jack of all trades)
gas pumper, lead pumper, department lead. (have you ever noticed how much money stinks? I have. Not to mention how many folks scratch their junk or azz, pick their nose, etc right before the money is handed to you.)
Dishwasher. (Nothing quite like having soaked hands, dealing with sharp utensils, and picking up dirty dishes that have made contact with peoples mouths, and the germs within.)
Janitor at a college. (don't ask, you really don't want to know )
production at a grinding wheel plant. )Abrasive dust, and 37 known carsinogens in every breath, might as well smoke, it's less dangerous)
Line worker in a condiment plant. (Roaster clean up was so much fun. Especially when a grinding wheel popped, and a chunk git got stuck in my face. or running the mix machine for the peanut butter line. Imagine being diabetic and breathing in the dust off of 2oo pounds of powdered sugar!)

yep. I've worked at some winners over the years, and most of them moved people up by the color of their skin, and who they were related to in management. Hence my problem with #11.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

People Like This 
Old 10-30-2013, 10:44 PM   #25
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19948 Times on 11337 Posts
Likes Given: 50319

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
I have a minor problem with #11. It should read " I will not resent the success of others, but only if it was not handed to them due to who they are related to or due to the government's "Equal Opportunity" laws." If they earned it, they will have my respect. Respect is earned, not given.

gas pumper, lead pumper, department lead. (have you ever noticed how much money stinks? I have. Not to mention how many folks scratch their junk or azz, pick their nose, etc right before the money is handed to you.)
Dishwasher. (Nothing quite like having soaked hands, dealing with sharp utensils, and picking up dirty dishes that have made contact with peoples mouths, and the germs within.)
production at a grinding wheel plant. )Abrasive dust, and 37 known carsinogens in every breath, might as well smoke, it's less dangerous)
Line worker in a condiment plant. (Roaster clean up was so much fun. Especially when a grinding wheel popped, and a chunk git got stuck in my face. or running the mix machine for the peanut butter line. Imagine being diabetic and breathing in the dust off of 2oo pounds of powdered sugar!)

yep. I've worked at some winners over the years, and most of them moved people up by the color of their skin, and who they were related to in management. Hence my problem with #11.
i don't resent another person's success and feel pretty much the same as you do. if they have busted their butt in learnng a vocation and excelled at it, and are making a huge buttload of money, then no i have no resentment at all.

many times, opportunity comes knocking disguised as hard work!

many times, a lot of people want a job, but don't want to work!
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 10-30-2013, 11:23 PM   #26

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post

Some people win the lottery by birth. I can't resent them. In a way I might pity them a little as they seem to never have the appreciation for the things they might have like the person that busted their ass to get them.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

People Like This