"Swatting"

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > "Swatting"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2014, 10:45 PM   #1
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7092 Times on 4269 Posts
Likes Given: 8600

Default "Swatting"

I've been hearing about this more and more. Someone has a lot of guts out there. And someone is going to get killed. This has got to be stopped. I hope people who do this are prosecuted to the highest extent of the law.

http://hereandnow.wbur.org/2014/04/29/swatting-phone-pranks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swatting

http://nypost.com/2014/04/23/fbi-helping-to-find-call-of-duty-gamer-behind-swatting-prank-call/

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-01-2014, 11:50 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 636 Times on 376 Posts
Likes Given: 406

Pretty sad things these kids do today

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.

Old 05-03-2014, 12:03 AM   #3

Liked 1018 Times on 568 Posts
Likes Given: 1591

I know they do this to famous people in LA. Justin Beibler, Bruce Willis, Lindsey Lowhand, and others have been "swatted". It must be spreading to normal folks..

Don't follow me.....You won't make it.....

Old 05-03-2014, 01:47 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 103 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 38

They should also be made to pay for the cost of deploying all those law enforcement officers.

Old 05-03-2014, 02:08 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1585 Times on 1082 Posts
Likes Given: 546

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadamai View Post
They should also be made to pay for the cost of deploying all those law enforcement officers.
That would be punishing the parents. Make them wash and wax all the vehicles, including EMS, that responded to their call.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Rick1967 Likes This 
Old 05-03-2014, 02:13 AM   #6

Liked 390 Times on 253 Posts
Likes Given: 1400

I think this may be a good trend.

No I am not crazy hear me out.

This "swatting" drives home to more and more people the militarization of our society when they are on the receiving end and thats a good thing.

And if eventually some innocents get killed (which is inevitable) that will drive the point home even more since in this case there is no "oh he was an evil druggie so I had no choice" on the parts of the officers.

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:
Ruger GP100 Royal Phoenix

Old 05-03-2014, 02:25 AM   #7

Liked 1834 Times on 1023 Posts
Likes Given: 1212

That would be a terrible thing to happen. I have quite a few friends that are cops. I know of at least one that has killed someone. It was a suicide by cop type of thing. But it really messes with your head.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

locutus Likes This 
Old 05-03-2014, 10:05 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5699 Times on 3222 Posts
Likes Given: 5110

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
That would be punishing the parents. Make them wash and wax all the vehicles, including EMS, that responded to their call.
Maybe it's the parents who refuse to discipline and control their brats that really are at fault in the first place.

Winston Churchill

Old 05-03-2014, 10:25 PM   #9

Liked 63 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 7

It's going to stop just like the "Knockout game". When people started getting killed with that we did not hear about it much anymore. This is just plain unwarranted assault. Plain and simple. Fun and games until somebody gets hurt.

Old 05-04-2014, 12:22 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1093 Times on 604 Posts
Likes Given: 455

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluez View Post
I think this may be a good trend.

No I am not crazy hear me out.

This "swatting" drives home to more and more people the militarization of our society when they are on the receiving end and thats a good thing.

And if eventually some innocents get killed (which is inevitable) that will drive the point home even more since in this case there is no "oh he was an evil druggie so I had no choice" on the parts of the officers.
Nothing good will come of deploying a SWAT team to a non-incident.

Our society's police officers are more "militarized" today because they are, by and large, fearful overgrown children who, like our politicians, are unable to accept that if someone wants to kill you, they are going to do it.

When you have your enemies (Russia, for example) calling you up to let you know that someone's coming to try and hurt you and you ignore their numerous pleas to do something about it (and hence the Boston bombing), you are well and truly beyond being helped by any amount of hardware in any police or military arsenal.

Somehow the propaganda ministry of the Bush and Obama administrations have bamboozled the public at large into believing that the "turrorists" (as Dubya would say) are out to get everyone, that the war on drugs is something more than keeping the slaves slavin' away instead of stoned outta their minds, and that they have everyone else's best interests in mind.

I assure everyone with two neurons bouncing off of each other that hell will freeze over before that happens.

I'm going to yak if I hear anything more about officer "safety" or how important their time is. It's fiction, like Santa Claus. If you're worried about being "safe", then perhaps a job where you must interact with some of the worst people a society has to offer every day is not for you. If your time is so important to you, spend it doing something worthwhile… because interacting with ignorant criminals and crazy people probably isn't going to do it for ya.

I don't want someone with more firepower than I have showing up at my doorstep who can't determine the difference between an actual threat and their own fear and paranoia that "everyone is out to get them" because they're either too dumb to make heads or tails on what's worth their time or indifferent to who they hurt.

This is just a good way to get good police officers killed and build more distrust between the citizenry and the government and nothing else. Whomever is pulling stunts like this should be shot on the spot.

The police could then validly claim they were responding to a real emergency. The found someone (the prank caller) who was too stupid to live and they did what was necessary to ensure that they didn't.