Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Surprisingly good movies (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/surprisingly-good-movies-10473/)

skullcrusher 02-01-2009 01:53 AM

Surprisingly good movies

Ok, we've had some excellent movie oriented threads lately; here's another.

Movie that you thought would be bad, but turned out good.

Me: AVP; or Alien vs. Predator. :D

skullcrusher 02-01-2009 02:00 AM

I do mean surprisingly.

Can't edit title, eh? :cool:

Dillinger 02-01-2009 02:05 AM

edited - but I have been drinking in preparation for UFC 94 and I am not prepared to contribute to this thread at this time. :p

JD

skullcrusher 02-01-2009 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 67182)
edited - but I have been drinking in preparation for UFC 94 and I am not prepared to contribute to this thread at this time. :p

JD

Then you may wanna think about updates. Would be mighty w#!^te of ya. :D

Benning Boy 02-01-2009 05:06 AM

Tropic Thunder seemed like it would be mildly entertaining, and it was f***ing hilarious.

Morton Downey Jr. is probably in the top 3 great actors living today.

skullcrusher 02-01-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benning Boy (Post 67230)
Tropic Thunder seemed like it would be mildly entertaining, and it was f***ing hilarious.

Morton Downey Jr. is probably in the top 3 great actors living today.

"I don't break character until after I do commentary for the dvd!"
He was great in that movie.
"I'm a lead farmer, mutha f&@ker!"

chopkick 02-01-2009 10:27 PM

That would be Robert Downey Jr. Morton was a talk show host that died a few years back.
And you are right about his talent.

Benning Boy 02-01-2009 10:32 PM

I said Morton. I'm an idiot. Thanks for the correction, Chop.:o

skullcrusher 02-01-2009 10:41 PM

I did not even notice. No matter, I liked the whole Morton Downey-blow-smoke-in-your-face attitude. Plus, didn't get his ass kicked on tv?

Dillinger 02-01-2009 10:47 PM

Just watched Eagle Eye. While completely unbelievable, it was actually a pretty good movie. It was worth the $1 movie cube rental.

One movie that flew WELL below the radar for a lot of people that I found entertaining, and worth watching more than one is The Brotherhood of the Wolf. Except for the ending, it's pretty good, even if it's dubbed. Monica Belluci gets buck nekkid in it, and that alone is enough to make you watch it ( Google her, it's worth your time ) but the martial arts scenes are very good. Again, except for the ending.

Way of the Gun is a movie that not a lot of people went to see, but it's definitely good.

Spartan, with Val Kilmer, is another dark horse. If you like The Unit, the same guy, Eric Lee Haney, was the military guy behind the scenes for the movie and did a lot of the consulting.

Just off the top of my head....

JD