Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   surgery tomorrow, prk (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/surgery-tomorrow-prk-51858/)

countryboy 11-15-2011 09:44 PM

I'm having PRK tomorrow morning, I've bought plenty of groceries (the easy kind I can make in the dark... Literally), anyone know of any good ideas to get done tonight that I might not have thought of?

*background* I live alone with my dog and get to enjoy this experience without anyone's help.

EXPENDABLE

Vikingdad 11-15-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countryboy (Post 628506)
I'm having pellet tomorrow morning, I've bought plenty of groceries (the easy kind I can make in the dark... Literally), anyone know of any good ideas to get done tonight that I might not have thought of?

*background* I live alone with my dog and get to enjoy this experience without anyone's help.

EXPENDABLE

Is that the pellet for the prostate? If so take it easy like the doctor says. If you push yourself even slightly you will extend the recovery manyfold.


Hope you have some good movies ready!

trip286 11-15-2011 10:31 PM

I don't know what PRK is. I remember this from my hernia repair though, make sure you have plenty of clean clothes, especially pajamas or other lounge wear. Even comfy clothes are only comfortable for so long until they get too smelly. Do you have someone to walk the dog? And plenty of dog food stocked up? I don't know how long the recovery period for this procedure either.

countryboy 11-15-2011 10:40 PM

Prk is laser surgery to correct vision. So I won't be able to see for a while. The dog is a concern, but one I'll have to take care of. I don't have anyone to really ask to help.

EXPENDABLE

PanBaccha 11-15-2011 10:43 PM

My mother at 84 had it done on each eye a month apart.
Quickly done and over with. You'll just need someone to
pick you up and do things for you for a while. Then ... bingo!
:)

Vikingdad 11-15-2011 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countryboy (Post 628548)
Prk is laser surgery to correct vision. So I won't be able to see for a while. The dog is a concern, but one I'll have to take care of. I don't have anyone to really ask to help.

EXPENDABLE

I thought they did that one eye at a time so you were not blind during recovery? Well, make sure everything is in its place before you go in.

By the way, is the dog gonna drive you home? :eek::D

trip286 11-15-2011 10:49 PM

Wow. Vikingdad is thinking of the wrong end!! :) Yeah, you wanna have clean clothes. I assume that if you can't see, then you won't be going anywhere, you don't wanna get too rank, it's not healthy either. And the dog won't appreciate it, he can smell better than you.

It'd be nice for you if your out in the country and can just turn the dog loose outside for an hour or so at a time. When I had my hernia repair, I recuperated at my mom's house. Her dog was a great comfort to me. Everywhere I went, he was right next to me, laid his head in my lap everytime I sat down, and my parents had to just give up and let him sleep in the guest room with me. It was even more meaningful to me because my wife had suddenly decided she wanted a divorce (We've worked things out since then though)

winds-of-change 11-15-2011 10:53 PM

The dog will be okay just being leashed out back to potty for a few days. I know many people who have had this surgery and the recovery seems to be pretty quick. But for the days you are recovering, I would live on sandwiches, cereal and maybe have a carry out place on speed dial. I think you'll be fine. Best of luck to you.

winds-of-change 11-15-2011 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanBaccha (Post 628554)
My mother at 84 had it done on each eye a month apart.
Quickly done and over with. You'll just need someone to
pick you up and do things for you for a while. Then ... bingo!
:)

Do you mean cataract surgery?

winds-of-change 11-15-2011 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vikingdad (Post 628559)
I thought they did that one eye at a time so you were not blind during recovery? Well, make sure everything is in its place before you go in.

By the way, is the dog gonna drive you home? :eek::D

Most Lasik Surgery places have a courtesy pick up and drop off service.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:46 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.