Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Super bowl ads..... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/super-bowl-ads-56777/)

LONGHAIR 02-01-2012 03:38 PM

Super bowl ads.....

3 to 4 Million dollars for 30 seconds of T.V. time...WOW...That's just crazy..or..Stupid...They say the internet is making a bigger ..BUZZ..about ads then the T.V. ever will again....Fellers day-off is the next way there going to advertise next year,a week before the big game and at half the price,people talk about the ad all week long and at the Super-Bowl...:confused:..

LONGHAIR 02-04-2012 07:42 PM

Seen some of the Stupid stuff their going to air for the Super-Bowl and I think a second grader can do better then some of the stupid ads they have.....Modona for half-time....Who cares....another looser if you ask me....I know,so don't ask-me.......My vote...ZZ TOP.......That would be a rockin half-time show......

AcidFlashGordon 02-05-2012 12:24 PM

Not really worried, if that's really the term, about Stupor Bowel ads. I'll see them on YouTube later. I've got better things to do with my time than watch TV anyway. Today, especially. The gun ranges should be really empty making it a lot nicer because there won't be dozens of people banging away. I should have them nearly all to myself.

winds-of-change 02-05-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LONGHAIR (Post 699387)
....My vote...ZZ TOP.......That would be a rockin half-time show......

Orange Bowl.............2008..........

LONGHAIR 02-05-2012 03:14 PM

....zz top....nice........

fmj 02-05-2012 04:26 PM

I'll catch the ads on the morrow, i'll be letting the beer out when that harlot is on stage...i watch the game for the GAME...imagine THAT.

But hell, i played ball at a pretty high level of skill for quite a few years...so i guess i'm biased.

trip286 02-05-2012 05:26 PM

I've seen zz top in person. Unfortunately, I wasn't very impressed. I love their music, have most of it on cd or on itunes, but I wasn't very impressed with their show. In fact, I ended up leaving early.

The stage was all white, with a bunch of modern art style sculptures all over the place, and they just stood there in one place playing their music. Lynard Skynard, on the other hand, was awesome that night.

utf59 02-05-2012 05:36 PM

I watch for the game and the ads. I love football, and I work for an advertising agency. The halftime show will be my big bathroom break. :D

ScottA 02-05-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LONGHAIR (Post 699387)
Seen some of the Stupid stuff their going to air for the Super-Bowl and I think a second grader can do better then some of the stupid ads they have.....Modona for half-time....Who cares....another looser if you ask me....I know,so don't ask-me.......My vote...ZZ TOP.......That would be a rockin half-time show......

Not bad idea. I'm hoping they get The Eagles for the halftime show before they start dying. But ZZ Top would be a great selection as well.

I don't think they've had a good halftime show since the year Shania Twain did the show.

MrWray 02-05-2012 09:31 PM

Anything would be better than the black eyed peas!! They were horrible