Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Sunday Project (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/sunday-project-77088/)

Olympus 11-25-2012 10:20 PM

Sunday Project

2 Attachment(s)
I was sitting around looking for something to do today and decided that I should make myself a new shooting bench. My old picnic table just isn't cutting it anymore. So I found some plans online and went to the lumber yard and stocked. I've got $80 in it and I think it will be worth it. The posts are 6x6s and the whole thing is incredibly heavy. Definitely not portable. I'm going to sink it in the ground about 8 inches for stability.

KG7IL 11-25-2012 10:23 PM

Looks solid. I wish I had a range in my Garage.

I built one similar, but skimped on the front support. I keep meaning to beef it up, but, maybe soon.

jjfuller1 11-25-2012 11:55 PM

Looks super sturdy. Nice job

MOshooter 11-26-2012 12:11 AM

Looks like a excellent bench,nice job!

Marlinman 11-26-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympus
I was sitting around looking for something to do today and decided that I should make myself a new shooting bench. My old picnic table just isn't cutting it anymore. So I found some plans online and went to the lumber yard and stocked. I've got $80 in it and I think it will be worth it. The posts are 6x6s and the whole thing is incredibly heavy. Definitely not portable. I'm going to sink it in the ground about 8 inches for stability.

Nice bench Olympus- and they say us Missouri rednecks aren't smart enough to get in out of the rain;)

25-5 11-26-2012 12:30 AM

Really nice!
If you can move it with a tractor, it's portable!:D

Olympus 11-26-2012 12:47 AM

Thanks fellas.

Funny you say that about the tractor. That's how I was planning on getting that thing out to my range. I've got a little gin pole that I'm going to put on my tractor and see if I can pick this dude up and move it that way. There's definitely no doubt that it will be sturdy. Especially once I sink the posts in the group. Treated 6x6s are heavier than you think!

tomgodd 11-26-2012 01:56 AM

Nice bench. I want to build one here soon. I like your trike aswell. Honda!

Axxe55 11-26-2012 02:00 AM

very nice Olympus! it does look sturdy. very similar to what i want to build later on. good job!:D

Olympus 11-26-2012 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomgodd
Nice bench. I want to build one here soon. I like your trike aswell. Honda!

Hey thanks. That's my 1984 Big Red 250. My grandpa bought it brand new in 84 and only rode it a handful of times. It most just sat in his shed. He's too old to ride now and he gave it to me a few years ago. I washed it up and took some Armor All to the plastics and it looks like a brand new one. It can be the dead of winter and I can still fire it up first try and never use the choke.