Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Suicide By Chainsaw!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 03:42 AM   #1
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7680 Times on 4432 Posts
Likes Given: 9902

Default Suicide By Chainsaw!

Holy cats! I think you have to admire her dedication though.

Police: LA woman apparently commits suicide with chainsaw
By msnbc.com staff

A Los Angeles woman apparently killed herself with a chainsaw in her apartment, the Los Angeles Times reported.

Fire officials said evidence indicates the 47-year-old woman may have been dead for a day, the paper reported.

The woman's sister found the body and a suicide note in their apartment Thursday after midnight, KNX 1070 Newsradio reported.

LAPD Officer Norma Eisenman told the Times that the door to the woman's apartment was jammed, but "the sister was able to see her on the bed with a chainsaw next to her."
Advertise | AdChoices

"She has a neck wound, but it hasn't officially been ruled a suicide yet, though that's what it appears to be," LA County coroner spokesman Larry Dietz told the Times.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-20-2012, 04:31 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6558 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

OMG, Why? Why would you choose to go out like that? That had to be extremely painful, and extremely messy. That's horrible.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:38 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 564 Times on 331 Posts
Likes Given: 3209

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
OMG, Why? Why would you choose to go out like that? That had to be extremely painful, and extremely messy. That's horrible.
And difficult...

Any ideas why?

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 03-20-2012, 04:47 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5129 Times on 2671 Posts
Likes Given: 311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason609 View Post
And difficult...

Any ideas why?
Aybe she wanted to be the first ever. Just my guess

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-20-2012, 11:19 AM   #5

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Never understood those who take their life in a very painful way. It's bad enough that they decide to commit suicide but DAMN!

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:33 AM   #6

Liked 31 Times on 12 Posts

This is sad. It would be bad enough to discover a loved one committed suicide, but to do it in such a terrible way is even more horrific. IMO the biggest victims in any suicide is the persons friends and family.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 999 Times on 588 Posts
Likes Given: 312

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
She was in California and couldn't get a gun.

It's not like she decapitated herself, it probably was similar to getting ones throat slit.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 03-20-2012, 12:29 PM   #8

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Now the liberals are going to require a license for concealed chain saws.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:33 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5129 Times on 2671 Posts
Likes Given: 311

Most likely she was trying to do the death by carbon monoxide thing passed out and fell on it.

I dont think it would be painful at first. I ran the tip of my thumb into a bandsaw blade once while it was on. I could feel the blade hitting me but there was zero pain for about 2 minutes. Fortunately it only got the meaty part and healed clean.

I think the shock of something like that traumatizes the nerves and it takes a bit until they recover and start working again.

Who hasnt cut themselves cooking and not felt it till well after the blood started??

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 999 Times on 588 Posts
Likes Given: 312

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Most likely she was trying to do the death by carbon monoxide thing passed out and fell on it.

I dont think it would be painful at first. I ran the tip of my thumb into a bandsaw blade once while it was on. I could feel the blade hitting me but there was zero pain for about 2 minutes. Fortunately it only got the meaty part and healed clean.

I think the shock of something like that traumatizes the nerves and it takes a bit until they recover and start working again.

Who hasnt cut themselves cooking and not felt it till well after the blood started??
Usually I'm asking myself, why is the lettuce red? When I realize what happened.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson